Failed to get processor type

Help
2013-05-21
2013-05-30
  • Larry Wright
    Larry Wright
    2013-05-21

I get a message "Failed to get processor type" in the control when I start a 3.27 with a single PilotLight or any component. I have the same IP address and PLC address as the 3.26 project "PilotLight" that works fine.

The program is sluggish and will report the same message in the text of any control I add.

when I run the 3.27 project I get error message;

A first chance exception of type 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.PLCDriverException' occurred in AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll
    A first chance exception of type 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.PLCDriverException' occurred in AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll
    The thread '<No Name>' (0x14f8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread '<No Name>' (0x1d90) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

It continues to repeat.

I'm connecting to a micrologix 1400. The computer is using visual studio express 2012. The pc is windows 7 enterprise 64 bit.

Am I missing something?

Thank you; Larry

• Larry Wright
    Larry Wright
    2013-05-21

I've been looking at the code and trying to follow along until I see something different.

When the code gets to the "PrefixAndSend" function in AllenBradleyPCCC, GetProcessorType, 3.26 it returns "0" and 3.27 returns "-20".

It appears that the value for "TNS" is different every time the program is run and the rest of the data going into the "PrefixAndSend" function is the same.

Looking at the result for the PLCAddressByTNS(TNSLowerByte) at the offset value of TNSLowerByte, the array holds the same data. However, if I continue to allow the program to run and then break it I will get the same data in the PLCAddressByTNS(##) at multiple offsets. Apparently it is trying to open a new connection over and over.

Larry

• Archie
    Archie
    2013-05-21

I discovered this same problem today with the latest version 3.30
    I'm currently working on a fix and should have an update posted tonight.

• Larry Wright
    Larry Wright
    2013-05-23

I tried 3.31 yesterday and it works.

Thank you,