DF1Comm having troubles

Help
Andyandy26
2012-09-29
2013-05-30
  • Andyandy26
    Andyandy26
    2012-09-29

I am in a little predicament. I'm using an Allen-Bradley Micro-logix 1200 that I have programmed using Rs-logix. My aim with this program is to use this it to actively monitor and control various addresses within the PLC. (I am using a direct comm communication DF1Comm)

Unfortunately with the version 3.23 I have been receiving errors when attempting to write to any form of address whether it be input, output or a Bit, however I am able to read using the digital panel meter and the pilot light. With my low to near no visual basic coding experience I have reached no avail in writing to addresses of any sort. I have thus attempted to backtrack to previous versions to see if any others will work. Thankfully version 3.02's momentary buttons seemed to finally write however it does not have any pilot lights and this has rendered the program useless for me for without one of these two it is nothing to me. My question is how might I add the pilot light from the latest version into the old 3.02?

If any need to see, I can also post the error messages I am receiving.

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-09-29

This is a known issue in version 3.23.  It has been fixed in version 3.25 which is due to be released within a week.

• Andyandy26
    Andyandy26
    2012-09-29

thanks i'll give it a shot when it is released :)