Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Unable to load DLL!

DigMadness
2005-11-19
2013-04-15
  • DigMadness
    DigMadness
    2005-11-19

[DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (sqlite3).]
       Finisar.SQLite.sqlite3.sqlite3_open(IntPtr filename, IntPtr& db) +0
       Finisar.SQLite.sqlite3.open(String filename) +113
       Finisar.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open() +1592

Im getting an invalid access to memory location (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6).

I tried running ntfilemon and ntregmon and neither of these tools are showing any type of error trying to find sqlite3.dll. In addition none of its dependencies are missing.

Any help is much appredicated, I need to solve this problem ASAP. Thanks!

• DigMadness
      DigMadness
      2005-11-19

BTW Yes the dll is in the same directory with sqlite.net.dll. My application was working fine for months then suddenly this error came up.

• Robert Foster
        Robert Foster
        2005-11-19

These kind of things don't just suddenly break.  What did you change? New version of SQLite.dll?  It's possible that the version of SQLite.dll that you are using is broken or corrupt, try re-downloading it from the sqlite.org website.

• Well windows patches and the .net 2.0 framework (still running my app on 1.1 framework)...but other than that, nothing. Im running on windows2003 server. Basically i have determined that my application can find and load sqlite3.dll but it errors out when the open() method is called. Ideas? I tried on two windows 2003 servers and the same problem. However, on windows xp localhost it works fine...

• Robert Foster
        Robert Foster
        2005-11-20

Hi,
        At this stage, I'm inclined to wonder whether it may be a permission issue or other restriction on Win2003 server.  I haven't tried it on that platform, but it could easily be the case.

• Its weird too becuase i can get some older versions of the sqlite3.dll to work fine, specifically the one bundled with sqlite.net.dll, but alas i built my database using autoincrement stuff which that version doesn't support. Is there anything else i might test or try?
      Thanks alot!

• I just saw this... http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=VsNetSolution

But there is no attatchment like the note specifies.

• Recompiling the dll manually worked! For some reason the precompiled dll doesnt work with windows 2003 (sp1)!

• I also had a problem with this. The reason that I found was that in my project I was using two libraries that required interop. What was happening was that the first library to load was big and took up the base memory address that the SQLite3 dll wanted to be in. I had to manually load the SQLite3.dll first, then the second dll. That made things work.