Trouble extracting from tar ball

rhenoboy
2005-06-22
2013-04-11
  • rhenoboy
    rhenoboy
    2005-06-22

I'm using filzip on WinXP to extract, the download package  opens up empty.

• Mark Dickenson
      Mark Dickenson
      2005-06-22

I don't know what to tell you.  I create the archive using a program called DynaZip.  I downloaded the ADOdb Lite archive from Sourceforge to check it out.  The download was able to be unpacked with DynaZip, Drag N Zip and WinRar without any problems.  You might try downloading it from a different mirror and if that doesn't work try a different zip program to unpack it.

• I've kind of trouble too.
      Using 7-zip on win2k, tar archive includes strange directories like "Panama Jack.AMIGA9000.000" ...

• Mark Dickenson
      Mark Dickenson
      2005-06-22

Darn...

My mistake.  I gzipped the tarball using relative paths so it included the path to the tarball.  I have reuploaded Version 0.06 with the proper gzip settings.  So it should work with those archiving programs.

• rhenoboy
      rhenoboy
      2005-06-25

Yay thanks for the update, extraction A-OK.

I am running PHP 5 on my local dev machine, this error came up.
      on adodb.inc.php
      Line 62: var $extention; duplicate var declaration.

Very nice package! Was using the main Adodb, that actaully had some errors messeges when ran PHP5 which i just installed (not really sure what was the problem, will find out and write to John about that).

Just started using adodb Lite, ran without any errors, so far things are looking very well indeed. Thanks a lot for this package!! Its a life savah!

• Mark Dickenson
      Mark Dickenson
      2005-06-25

Oops, there is a second var declaration for $extensions.  Just delete line 62 to stop that error from showing up.

I will be uploading a newer version of the package later this weekend that will have that fixed and hopsully have the SelectLimit support for mssql/mssqlpo finished.