Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

embedding adminer in other software

Developers
2014-06-03
2014-07-26
  • i know that adminer has been packaged to be embeeded in several other packages like wordpress or typo3, but i can't find any information on how to do it.

i'd like to embed it in one of my php programs and while browsing through the source code i could not find a way to do it through a plugin. the only way seems to be by heavily patching a few files (not many!) to remove the html creating the page (and just keeping the html + js + css needed to display the content).

the first question is: has this already discussed and found to not be worth / wanted / feasible?

if this is not the case, would you be interested in patches going on that direction?

thanks for the fine software!
    a.l.e

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2014-06-15

The most common way is either iframe the whole Adminer page or to enrich it from inside out. I'm not particularly in running Adminer from an endpoint not under control of Adminer.

In other words - Adminer should be the one creating the HTML page and if you want to modify it, you should tell Adminer through a customization.

• I'm further checking how to work with Adminer and I must say that I'm not fond of the way Wordpress is doing.

I have had a look at Adminer's code and it looks like that it's not possible to inject the DB credentials, I have to do a POST/GET request with the credentials.

Would you be interested in a patch that allows to alternatively pass the values to the Adminer class?

It would also be very useful to have an option prefix that is prepended to each post, get, session and cookie variable.

Because of the way it's build, it looks like Adminer would be the ideal solution for an embedded SQL manager... it just misses a programmatical interface!

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2014-07-26

You can pass the credentials through the credentials() method: http://www.adminer.org/en/extension/. There's no need to POSTing them and it's not possible to pass password through GET.