Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Access denied .. (using password: YES)

Help
2013-05-01
2013-06-06
  • Hi All

I'm newbie in adminer need help why I can't login use certain db user and pswd to access certain database.
    Last setup I did just download Adminer 3.6.4 (.php, 282 kB), rename into index.php and upload to my host then access through www.domain.com/adminer/index.php but failed "Access denied for user 'k10xxxx'@'38x.xxx.xxx.xx' (using password: YES)"
    I've create certain db name, db user and pswd for another user able to access certain table only.
    Appreciate any suggest.

Thankyou

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2013-05-02

The create user page should look like this:

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2013-05-02

db is the name of your database, table is the name of your table.

• where I can create user? I have only login. Did I missd something or another tools should install?

ty

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2013-05-02

From your question, it seems to me that you have one user with all privileges and you want to create another one with limited privileges. You can do it after logging in using the Privileges link.

If you just couldn't log in to Adminer then your username/password is probably wrong.

• I have already create another one with all privileges. Db name, user and passwd already tested and works fine. Adminer still can't login

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-05-04

Is the database and Adminer on two different machines?
    It seems, based on the IP, that adminer is trying to connect to a remote host?

If this is true, then the user MUST have an entry that allows 'remote' login from the other machine. This is based on the 'host' field for the user, which typically has localhost as the value. This will cause the "Access Denied" from the machine where the DB resides, if there is not a matching host for a particular user that can login from an external remote machine.