Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Accent

Help
2010-05-23
2013-06-06
  • Mario Pilesi
    Mario Pilesi
    2010-05-23

I'm not able to view correct accent.
    f.e.:
    farà instead of farà
    how to do?
    ty.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2010-05-24

You probably have a wrong encoding by the column with accented characters. Change the encoding to binary and then to the real encoding.

• Mario Pilesi
    Mario Pilesi
    2010-05-24

How to change the encoding to binary and then to the real encoding?
    Thanks for the response and for the script  fast and tiny.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2010-05-24

Go to Alter table - encoding is displayed in column Options.

• Eagle53
    Eagle53
    2010-12-27

I enter Alt-130, which gives me é. In Admin database view, it appears as pérez. In Excel 2007 it appears as Pérez. Should be pérez
    On my website these values all show up correctly. When I use AdMiner, they are scrambled. They continue to be scrambled when I Export to CSV and open file with Excel. When I do a CSV Inport, the codes then show up "mixed" on website. In AdMIner, the Table Option values being used is latin1_swedish_cl.
    Thank you for anu suggestions.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2010-12-27

You have probably saved the value in UTF-8 encoding without specifying the encoding by SET NAMES or SET CHARACTER SET.

In your application, you have to call one of these commands after connecting to the server.

• Hello,

I am having the same problem with MSSQL. Is there any way to change the encoding of the adminer so we can insert values in the db without changing carecter encoding?

Thanks

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2011-05-04

No, Adminer supports UTF-8 only.