Help
Kamran
2014-05-03
2014-05-07
  • Kamran
    Kamran
    2014-05-03

Hi
    am new web develper i want to use adminer for mysql did'nt able to understand how can i connect with db & how can i add user with adminer.

i try to download adminer.php from adminer.org & uploaded it on server & in db file i add user & pass of server but didn't able to connect.Plz rely me

Thanxxxx

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-04

More detail is needed to help: [you did say "am new"...]

First, I'm not clear about "in db file i add user and pass of server...". Why in the db file? Was there not a login page to enter this information?

Where you said "user and pass of server"... this should be a login to mysql, and NOT a user login as one might do accessing the system to a user's home directory. The mysql account and a user's account logins are two different account accesses.

Other than that, here's some more questions:

1. Does the server field have localhost, or some other IP address?
    2. Are you getting any error or warning message(s)? [if so, what do these say?]
    3. If you ARE using a remote database account, do you have adequate permissions to access/use the database?

For #1, if you have specified an IP address to a remote database, then you need a MySQL user account that can login "remotely" to that machine from the IP of the machine where adminer is installed.

Last edit: Paul 2014-05-04
  • Kamran
    Kamran
    2014-05-04

New mean before i knew about html it's first time that i created website with php & mysql.
    my hosting is not providing phpmyadmin.so i want to use adminer.once my firend use on same hosting adminer & he put in database conection file("localhost",user of ftp,pass for ftp ") & thats worked,
    for admin panel i create antoher user.
    but now problem is this in localhost my site is working well & i want to put on server.plz explain me step by step how to use adminer.i don't know how to connect remot access.

i copy adminer.php file on server & when i access this page there apppear to insert server,user,pass,database, i insert there ftp user & pass server localhost but didn't success to connect.
    plz write me how can i addd user & give rights to user with adminer,.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-04

The server, user, password are the three things needed for adminer to login, but this assumes all cross-host permissions are established for it to work.

I'm not following the configuration that you are trying to achieve, so my help may be limited. Only saying that "someone else" used ftp permissions to login does not tell me anything, and might NOT work the same for you. Ftp is not mysql, so this only means that the two accounts evidently have the same user/pass values, if it worked that way.

However, based on what you said in the last part, about using localhost, this is where you would instead need to use the server's IP where the remote database is located, if I'm understanding correctly.

If "your site" has been copied to your server, along with adminer, then localhost should be all you need. It is only if you are connecting to the "other site" that the server needs to be an IP. Does this make sense?

Also, does your host use a mysql port other than the 3306 default? If so, the port will need to added to the server string too.

Last edit: Paul 2014-05-04
  • Kamran
    Kamran
    2014-05-05

ok i'll try this but how to use adminer.php file?& if i chang my hosting where server support mysql how to do configuratione for adminer??

My site is copied to server what to do for connecting with adminer?

Last edit: Kamran 2014-05-05
  • Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-07

Ok, here's about the most basic way I can explain it:

Your host: (1.2.3.4)

1. has MySQL
    2. has adminer: connection from here: (user, pass, server: localhost)
    3. adminer connection to: 'other host': (user, pass, server: 10.30.30.40)

Other host: (10.20.30.40)

// If using adminer from 'your host' to connect here, the MySQL user at
    // THIS host needs permissions to connect from 'your host' IP to login here.
    1. has MySQL

Does this offer a better picture?

Last edit: Paul 2014-05-07