Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

error in sql file import into adminer with access denied

Help
2014-02-20
2014-02-21
  • Nicholas Peall
    Nicholas Peall
    2014-02-20

I had an issue that the sql server runnning my WP site got deleted. I set up a new version of WP and restored the wp-content folder but I'm getting the access denied error when using the Adminer plugin - I can't see where to fix this? It's probably very simple but I haven't had a site screw up like this (ever).

Error in query (1044): Access denied for user 'dbo516153407'@'%' to database 'lechiron'

Error in query: 11

What is the sequence to enable the file to be imported - or where do I make the change so this file so it doesn't get the access denied error.

Thanks for any assistance.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-02-21

Based on the 1044 error and the corresponding message, that implies that user dbo516153407 does not have permission(s) to access/use the 'lechiron' database.

The permissions would need to be restored for the speficied user. This could be done as so: [assuming you have permission to run the GRANT]

mysql> GRANT ALL ON lechiron.* TO 'dbo516153407'@'%';

If you don't have permisson to run that command, then you may need to seek an admin.

If you have already run the GRANT command previously, but are getting the same message, then ensure to flush the privileges:

mysql> flush privileges;

For more details about the GRANT syntax, see this: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/grant.html

Although that link is to MySQL 5.1, there are quick links at the left side of the page to other versions to get the GRANT syntax specifics that matches your version.

Last edit: Paul 2014-02-21