Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

List of foreign keys

Help
2011-06-23
2013-06-06
  • There is a nice thing in phpMyAdmin, if you define a foreign key on table, you see a list of available items when you try to add a new item on that table. It is like this, let's say I have a users table and a posts table. Now, let's say I add a foreign key from posts table on post_added_by  to users table on user_id. Now whenever I want to add a new post directly to database, I can see a list of users on posts table post_added_by. Is there an option for this in Adminer?

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2011-06-23

This is a default behavior of Adminer Editor. You can customize Adminer to behave the same way but I see Adminer as a low-level tool so this is not the default behavior.

• Well, you see, I would like to keep using Adminer, because I like it more than Adminer Editor. Can you explain it more to me how to customize this behavior for Adminer?

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2011-06-23

You can use plugin edit-foreign.

• You just completed my Adminer, sir! It is officially the best database administration tool:)