Prevent auto-foreign key

Yoji
2012-04-01
2013-06-06
  • Yoji
    Yoji
    2012-04-01

When altering the table, if I enter product_id or xxx_id and the table product or xxx exists, type automatically changes to foreign key. This may be useful for many, but it's really annoying for me. Is there a setting to prevent automatic foreign key discovery? Or at least where can I change an "if" in the script to prevent this?
    Thank you!

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-04-15

You should be able to overwrite method editingNameChange in your plugin.

Why it is annoying for you?

• Yoji
    Yoji
    2012-04-18

I've downloaded this adminer.php file and I found the editingNameChange function but due to compressed format of the file I found inappropriate to change anything. But I'll take a look.
    Why is annoying? Well, I don't' use foreign keys. I always use a data model where Fk would fail. Several times I wasn't seeing FK's created (automatically) and caused trouble from php, altering the tables. This brokes down the whole site.
    BTW adminer is awesome. I completely changed off pma with adminer.
    One another single issue can be always switching on comments and default values…

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-05-14

You can download uncompressed source codes from http://www.adminer.org/#download (or use the development version). It should be possible to initially show comments and default values by overriding some JS function too. You can even make a plugin from it if you wish.