Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Wishes and future requests

2010-01-13
2013-06-06
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • I think it would be good to make some difference between tables and views in navigation sidebar.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2010-01-13

Please elaborate how this should be visualized. Italics would be too obtrusive IMHO. Furthermore, getting the information about a table type costs some time and navigation is displayed on each page. You would have to live with the database overview where the table types are displayed together with other information.

• I know there is a time-cost problem (in my small db SHOW FULL TABLES takes 7times more time than SHOW TABLES)… I made compulsory changes to achieve emphasizing the views in menu for my own. Italics is not obtrusive, italics is not enough sufficient. I add the text "<small>(view)</small>" after each VIEW. In this case there is a problem with long table names… The solution could be in <span /> tags and the emphasizing give up to CSS and CSS developers… (small picture aside from tables and different from views)
    As I said I have solution for my own and I think that would be good feature. But… You have to think over it. It very usefull for me, beacause I use a lot of views but I don't know other users.

Thanks for your quick answer.
    JM.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2010-01-13

I removed the table type info from the navigation because it took ones of seconds with many big tables which is unacceptable. Previously, it was displayed as a tooltip. You can create simple customization.

• Is there any place for sharing customizations?

I've done the package which emphasizes views (without caching ~> slow for huge dbs) and includes jQuery (when tables are listed in menu (I cannot find the method which prints html headers). You can download the package http://devel.skicart-webdesign.cz/AdminerNaviViews.zip.
    JM.

• Slecting of database: when DB is single on server - it should be selected automatically and no selector should be able.
    System DB (like information_schema) or some of specified by user must be able to be hidden. I thik that somewhere in code should be exact place to specify the list of hidden DB to lets stay adminer in single file.
    Of course, if only DB stays after filter of hidden - this one must be selected automatically.

• @syncap
    The server page is important - there are links to process list, variables and so on. Someone can also be interested in information_schema. You can always save bookmark pointing directly to a database of your wish.

• Whats about a simple BACK or CANCEL button in Edit Mode?
    Many thanks for your great work.

• What would you think about the ideaof using the table "group" selector like in the database-export page bottom to create some "group" selectors in the table list ? This might help to differentiate views with name "view_something" from other tables which also might have some prefix ;). I don't know how this could fit visually in the "sidebar", but some sort of grouping might be usefull sometimes.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2011-08-24

I am not planning to add this. You can however create a plugin for it. There's already similar plugin tables-filter.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2011-08-24

You can use browser's back button or breadcrumb navigation. If you mean inline edit then you can use Esc key for it.

• PunchyRascal
    PunchyRascal
    2012-02-17

I tried to find this, but maybe it hasn't been talked here yet or I missed it, but:

It would be great to be able to set somehow (session, cookie?) default table ordering (either globally or per table, I am for global). The setup could be hidden somewhere, for alI I care and since I know you don't want to litter the UI.
    The assumption is such: most tables use `id` as a primary key (or other, cross-table consistent col name) and when you want to get through the rows, most of the time you  need either to search for an item or find it manully, which, given I have the table sorted - for example by id DESC - is much easier, since I know the new items are on top (or bottom) of the listing.
    Thanks for considerign this.

• Adrian
    Adrian
    2012-03-06

I would like a way to export triggers only.

I now export tables & triggers with the 'no drop' options for tables. create will give an error and triggers will work.

The sad thing is that if you already have that triggers, you have to drop them manually before.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-05-14

punchyrascal, you can create a plugin for it. Just redefine the method selectOrderProcess.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-05-14

addatwork, I don't think that this is a common requirement.

• Hsnopi
    Hsnopi
    2012-07-30

I was wondering if it was possible to have a table list filtering feature like in phpMyAdmin. You can just type in letters and it filters the list of table on the left side. I assume it used jquery or something but I had found it VERY handy in myadmin.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-07-31

There's a plugin tables-filter for it.

• Hsnopi
    Hsnopi
    2012-07-31

excellent! thanks:)

• Hsnopi
    Hsnopi
    2012-08-10

How would I make a request to a plugin author? I am working with Moodle, they have over 200 tables in their schema. It would be nice, very nice, if I could gt the table entered in the tables-fitler plugin to persist. A simple cookie would do it if you don't want to use jQUery to hijack whenever a url is clicked and the table-filger value appended to the url.

thanks! Still enjoying it:)

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-08-11

The plugin is open source, you can fork it and provide a different version.

• Is there a reason why adminer does not support setting the client character set? There is hardcoded "SET NAMES utf8". I know that this should be default, but some projects have mysql's default latin1. It would be fairly enough if we could overwrite it in extension.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-09-02

SET NAMES sets the character set used by the client. Adminer is in UTF-8 so it sets utf8. If Adminer displays data in a wrong encoding for you then it means that they are stored badly in the database. If you store UTF-8 string in latin1 column then it is wrongly sorted and - more importantly - may not fit in the column. E.g. one UTF-8 character may not fit in varchar(1).

• @jakubvrana: I know that, but sometimes you cannot change the project, but you need to adjust data. Due to silly mysql default charset as latin1 there are number of these sites. That's the only thing I miss from phpmyadmin. I do have hack for adminer, but it's a hack and I think adminer deserves proper way.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-11-17

To change default charset, just implement customization with login() method and call there:

function login($login, $password) {
          $connection = connection();
          $connection->query('SET character_set_client=latin1, character_set_results=latin1');
          return parent::login($login, $password);
        }

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)