Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

New feature request

Anonymous
2011-08-10
2013-06-06

• Anonymous
    2011-08-10

Hello.
    One feature I really miss from PhpMyAdmin is the ability to truncate the table from the same table view. Currently I only can do it from the database view (where all tables are shown).

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2011-08-10

TRUNCATE was issued by DELETE without where in the past. But it requires the DROP TABLE and CREATE TABLE privileges and some accounts don't have these rights. Plus it has somewhat different behavior (regarding auto_increment).

So it requires a separate operation - putting it on the select page would clutter the UI.

• Although it's been only a couple of months since I discovered Adminer, I have become a huge fan of it and use it in daily basis. I'm forever thankful for such a great product.

When it comes to the truncate function, honestly I'm with the original poster. Putting a button or link on the select view is more intuitive in the sense that you're operating on the data itself, just like editing and deleting; even though I would understand that an operation like truncate is more about the entire table data, in-line with dropping table. In quick testing and debugging, I find myself going back and forth between the database view and select view, which is not the fastest solution.

Best regards,
    Ege Madra.