Default mysql server

2009-10-08
2013-06-06
  • Could we possibly have "localhost" as the default value for the "Server" input box on the login page? Every single time I start up an adminer session I've got the user/pass stored but have to type in "localhost" every single time. If not, I'll make due and add it myself for every copy that I use.

Thanks for the awesome work.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2009-10-08

If the server field is not filled then the default value is used. This default value is usually "localhost". Try to not filling the server field at all.

• Thanks for the reply.

Wouldn't it make sense to simply fill in the input text box with the default server since 95% of the time it'll be localhost anyway?

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2009-10-09

Default value set in INI is usually empty. "localhost" is some kind of default default. It would complicate the code to prefill this value. Users can just leave-out the server same as in PHP scripts.

• dcd4u2
    dcd4u2
    2009-11-02

Hi,

I found your Adminer and it looks very good.
    I'm working in a project similar but with a philosofy very distinct; not opensource and intended to serve as a portal for enterprises with management of commercial, finantial and  accounting documentation. 1st objective is to develop all accounting based directly from the documents my project can generate forms and subforms interacting with DB. Now I'm working in triggers and triggers for auto fields and auto records.
    Maybe we can talk and interchange ideas.

dvds_dcd@hotmail.com