Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Removed my favorite features?

jtrick
2013-05-17
2013-06-06
  • jtrick
    jtrick
    2013-05-17

Hello,

I love Adminer and its simplicity, but I was really surprised to see the primary reason that I switched to using it removed recently.

Being able to click on the >> symbol and update the view of the data was awesome.  I've always been amazed by the lack of a feature like this in the other db UI tools I've used and am stupefied as to why it would be removed from this project!

Having the data output sort by most recently updated rows is not helpful to me at all.  I do data comparisons for the most recently added rows almost continuously, and having to click on the ordering header every time I switch table views is really irritating.  That this breaks when wanting to look at the last page makes Adminer essentially unusable to me now.

I figured I'd at least put this out there to let someone know that this design decision has potentially lost a user that was formerly a strong advocate for your project. I'd love to keep using this formerly awesome tool if anyone can help me solve these problems without requiring me to spend a lot of time editing the code myself.

Thanks!

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2013-05-24

The strangely placed and titled link was just a shortcut to go to the last page. This link is now at fixed position on every page. If you are already on the last page then you can just refresh the browser. You can bring back the link by creating a plugin or a customization.