Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Question on Editor

Jon Paris
2009-10-04
2013-06-06
  • Jon Paris
    Jon Paris
    2009-10-04

According to the Editor main page Editor uses a separate User Id and Pw from the normal MySQL - but nowhere does it tell you _how_ to set these up.

For sure it does not use the MySQL ones as when I sign in with that it says "No Tables"  Looks like a great tool and I love Adminer but how do I get started with editor - I can find no information.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2009-10-04

By default, Editor allows any login and password and use default credentials (defined by e.g. mysql.default_*) and first available database.

But for any real application you have to define  with credentials(), database() and login() methods.

: http://www.adminer.org/en/extension/

• OK - thanks - that is probably a little bit beyond my capability right now.  Adminer's one-file deployment was so easy to use I had hoped that I could use this to replace Xataface and put it into action as simply as Adminer.

It probably is as easy if you know what you're doing!

Thanks again.

• Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2010-10-25

The default setting in Adminer 3 uses the passed login and password as MySQL credentials.