I have found common problem for both phpmyadmin and adminer, both show incorrectly encoding of data that I have in my mysql database.
I already have solved the problem.
So I have utf8 encoding and database and tables set to utf8_czech_ci . My application works fine, but adminer does not show correct encoding.
I found that mysql command SET NAMES and/or php command
overwrites collation by default values, which is Swedish. (I did not set Swedish, but Swedish is set as default language in mysql). So even I need to get Czech collation I got the Swedish one.
The solution for me was to escape line with
and SET NAMES
and to insert there these lines:
$this->query("SET COLLATION_CONNECTION= 'utf8_czech_ci'");
I think that using SET NAMES and/or set_charset("utf8"); is unlucky!