Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Welcome Asia Pacific College, Makati

2011-09-22
2013-03-07
1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)
  • Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-22

Welcoming the team from APC. Hope you are all going to be a great team from The Philippines.

• Joe Gene
    Joe Gene
    2011-09-22

Hi Red1!

Thank you for guiding my students in becoming members of the Open Source Community.

Joe Gene

• Emil Mendoza
    Emil Mendoza
    2011-09-22

Hi red1,

thanks for enabling me to be part of Adempiere APC Makati.

E

• Jaggy Gauran
    Jaggy Gauran
    2011-09-22

Hello Red1.

I created an account in the Red1.org forum under the name "jaggygauran".

• Andy Guevarra
    Andy Guevarra
    2011-09-22

Hello Mr. Red1,
    I'm happy to be the part of this team :D(APC Makati)

Andy

• Randel
    Randel
    2011-09-22

Hi red1 , I created an account under the name of "inevitable31". Thanks …

• Hello Mr. Red1,
    Thank you for guiding us in our Open Source class

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-22

Cool every1 is in? Ok.. just to recap…now.. this may sound like some treasure hunt, so just regard it as some treasure hunt.. we have to check out the adempiere361 stated here http://red1.org/adempiere/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1161.
    Then via your Eclipse or Netbeans checkout the project from https://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adempiere
    for each of these projects under /branches:
    1. FixedAssets
    2. LiberoMfg
    3. Maintenance
    4. FitnesseOBPos (ERP side of POS)
    5. POS_ActiveMQ (the real POS)

You can also download as stated from http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/files/openbravoPOS/

Intro more info about yourself here or at your own user page here http://www.admpiere.com (i need more basic info such as level of capability and experience in software work. Or just state your real interests.

Good luck.. lets see how fast u can get it up and be in the global community at the same time as we move to action plan 2.. keep asking questions anytime here or in FB. Also if u want to meet me just ask at the Dorm level 9 or room 506 or just text me +6017 8869 378 with a complete msg so i know how to help u.

• Jaggy Gauran
    Jaggy Gauran
    2011-09-22

Sir, there's no LiberoMfg under /branches.

Did you mean FitnesseMfg?

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-22

jaggygauran, my mistake.. i mean /branches/libero
    Thanks for pointing it out.

• Jaggy Gauran
    Jaggy Gauran
    2011-09-23

Sir, I'm checking out the branches as we speak.

Is there any prerequisites to build these projects or are they good to go as soon as the check out is finished?

• jaggygauran, just want to ask did u install the adampiere ? What OS did u installed the adampiere? thanks

• Jaggy Gauran
    Jaggy Gauran
    2011-09-23

kepat, I already got the source of adempiere361 from kenai. I'm building my environment in a Linux system. Specifically Ubuntu.

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-24

Kepat, the OS i used is MacOSX and before this i have used it on windows. All have the own issues but mostly permissions.
    I think for Linux, its common to use Fedora and Ubuntu.

Jaggy! wow you re fast! .. ok prerequisites.. well since i am asking u all to do the whole stack which is quite thick.. some layers.. maybe u can start from an initial layer.. the adempiere361 itself. Just follow this steps first (which is same as in few places in the www.adempiere.com wiki about this):

0. You should install Postgresql DB i prefer version 8.4 but u can go for version 9. (maybe compatible issues as it is with my Mac Lion)
    1. Back to your <adempiere-scource> go to utils_dev and do a RUN_build.sh
    2. Find its contents of the Adempiere361.zip binary somewhere under /build/…
    3. Extract that to your root and in your <adempiere361> or <home> you do a RUN_setup.sh
    4. At /utils/RUN_ImportAdempiere.sh

Now for the rest of the gang, if you want to feel the magic fast, you can take the openbravopos_2.30.2_bin.zip in http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/files/openbravoPOS/ and just extract and run the start.sh inside. The POS will work and it will synch with Germany! Follow the PDF guide.

Thank you for acting on this. Lead for many more around you to follow. There are too much projects and they all need great leaders to beat the path.

I will follow your progress all the way even as i land in Paris i will always check my email and i be happy when u write something or anything SCRUM way or SPRINT, i am with you man (and woman).

red1

• jaggygauran, thanks for the information did u successfully set up the adempiere and able to use it? Thanks sorry for too much questions to you and Sir red, I am starting to get confused so I am reading the forums which makes me confuse maybe I just need to read and read and though I look stupid right now hopefully I would be able to step up further. I know I might be asking easy question ahaha,, but I am still trying to work it out.. =)) So thanks a lot

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-24

Our project is now in two branch direction. One is main trunk which i am not following due to stability issue. The other is the 361 to iDempiere which I am following as it is handled by the top stable maintainer Carlos Ruiz together with the top coder, Low Heng Sin. The kenai adempiere361 u checking is the one.

However the difference at the moment between these two trunks is very small and they mostly compatible. But after we switch to OSGi or the iDempiere version at kenai Hengsin, then we will focus only on iDempiere.

At the moment adempiere361 is always synch or same codebase as iDempiere. More info at jira.idempiere.com

For now after u setup your hg 361 you can follow the compile guide i gave in my last post above.

Good luck!

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-24

Kepat, your questions are not stupid. They are common ones. It is our project that has too much info and all over the place. This is the good and bad thing about open source. It is very powerful but it is very disorganised. That is why we need a good community that helps each other. Today i help you, tomorrow you help others in the same manner. Thank you for been active. I hope others are encouraged to follow suit. The more questions we ask, the less stupid we become. :P

• Jaggy Gauran
    Jaggy Gauran
    2011-09-24

Sorry for not being able to post immediately.

Anyways, Kevin. I got it all working here in Ubuntu. I was able to check out everything and to build it successfully but right now, when I run the RUN_setup script. And don't worry about asking too much questions. It's better than asking none at all. :)

Sir Red1, I'm having some minor issues with the server setup of Adempiere. As the wiki said, I used 8080 for the web port and 8443 for the SSL port. I'm having some trouble with the Database Port (I installed PostgreSQL DB Port 5432).

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-25

Jag,
    Please give more info on that port. Is it setup at 5432? You can run a RUN_Env.sh test (its in utils somewhere) or u can do independent test.
    Another tip is to login (can u get to the launch splash dialog?) and at that window, do not login but click on the connection icon to test the DB server (do not test the app server - not needed).

Once u successfully gone thru this, it be good to document it yourself for others by writing in your own blog or at the wiki.

• Thanks for the helps I've been receiving from both of you, just to share what I've been into this past few days I'm still trying to make the adempiere work. First I tried installing it using this installer http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/. It was installed successfully but there have been minor problems, Sir Red told me that the database was already there. First we checked if the Postgresql is installed and yes it was there so we went to it and added a user in it but there was still some error that I just need to study and solve it. The database was there.

I would like to show the screen shot but I uninstalled it. Because I am going to use what sir red advice here in the forum using this https://hg.kenai.com/hg/adempiere361~adempiere361 one. It is not yet done in mercurial, so I can't try doing it. But later I if getting the files is not yet done or working then I would use the installer and try to solve and look it  up from the net. My progress is slow but still I would do my best.

• Today, I've learn about FitNesse from Sir Red1, it is a really powerful testing tools. To be honest at first I really didn't understand a thing about it, but with Sir's Red teaching and the internet I am getting to know it more and studying to how to run it. Sir Red1 taught me things like how it test with just simple a click. Also Sir Red used a plugin that the creator named it luminus OSGI it actually add features to the FitNesse Software like the scenario where it shows or explain the problems in simple english that anyone can understand it.

To learn more about fitnesse please go to their site http://fitnesse.org/.
    Installing fitnesse is so easy just follow the instructions here http://fitnesse.org/FitNesse.UserGuide.DownloadingAndInstallingFitNesse

Sir Red1, can you please share the link for the luminus OSGi because I can't find it in the net so that me and the people here could use it thanks :)

Kevin Tan

• Sir this is james i just want to know what is the main focus of this project is it the adempiere  itself or the open bravo POS? what source code are we going to get? is it all or some modules only? sorry for late posts

• Clark Lubrio
    Clark Lubrio
    2011-09-26

Sir,

I have already registered an account in Red1.org forum under "clarklubrio."

Clark Lubrio

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2011-09-26

Kepat, here it is http://lsd.luminis.nl/fitnesse-and-osgi/

James, ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning is a complex and wide application that covers the whole backoffice operations. Last time it was mostly for factory shopfloor or large operations but now it is for more backoffice financials and so advanced till the front end such as POS or Point of Sales. So we are actually trying to master from A to Z which is very difficult. But with the recent POS apps such as openbravo POS we can use that to understand much better as POS is a good simpler concept to grasp first.

You can read the PDF guide in the Files section here i told you about before to understand why.

1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)