Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

MPPCostCollector missing some DocActions

2012-04-18
2013-03-07
  • Angelo Dabalà
    Angelo Dabalà
    2012-04-18

Hello,

I noticed that some DocAction methods are not implemented into MPPCostCollector class, notably reverseCorrectIt/AccrualIt and reActivateIt. I wonder if this is due to an unfinished work or it's by design and there are other methods to "undo" a production in case of mistakes.

Regards,
    Angelo

• Hi Angelo!

Yes, currently MPPCostCollector  reverseCorrectIt/AccrualIt is not implemented, The main reason is that in general any adjust for a Manufacturing Order is make with  a negative transaction, so for example if you need return a component to warehouse only need set a negative issue quantity.

Other example is if you need return a finish good product to working in process then you can report a negative receipt.

So I think that it is more easy to manage this way the manufacturing transaction that try locate the original transaction and revert.

Anyway I am open to implement this feature.

WDYT?

Note: currently the costing variances are calculate by difference.

kind regards
    Victor Pérez
    www.e-evolution.com

• Johnson Joseph
    Johnson Joseph
    2012-04-18

Hi Victor
    I think negative transaction is the correct method. I saw similar method in other ERP's like Lawson M3.

Johnson

• Angelo Dabalà
    Angelo Dabalà
    2012-04-19

Hi Victor, thanks for the answer. About the negative transaction, could you please expand the topic a little bit? You mean manually create PP_Cost_Collector record(s) linked (or not) to the original PP_Order (what if it was closed?), or create a new PP_Order with negative quantity? I would like to understand what best practices you apply to different scenarios.

Regards,
    Angelo