accesso to centralized id management

FreePath
2011-10-31
2013-03-07
  • FreePath
    FreePath
    2011-10-31

Hi,
    we are doing some improvements on payment term that we think can be of general interest, and so we plano to contribute it.
    We will need to add some columns, and this should be done using the standard id range, so we need to be able to reserve ids using the centralized id management.
    Is it possible to obtain a password to use it ? and if so, wich is the appropriate procedure ?

Regards,
    Silvano
    www.freepath.it

• FreePath
    FreePath
    2012-01-03

Hi all,
    due to lack of answer i guess that accessing the centralized id management is not an option.
    What other path i can follow, if i want to submit a contribution that includes a modification to the standard dictionary (window, table, and so on) ?

Thanks,
    Silvano
    www.freepath.it

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2012-01-03

Freepath. You will get it. Just ask 61 times. Maybe not. My small words here will do. Trust me. I am the admin whisperer. :)

• FreePath
    FreePath
    2012-01-03

Looks like i was wrong: i got feedback from Tobi confirming that centralized id management was the right way to go, and obtained access to it.

Thanks a lot to Toby and Dominik for the prompt answer to that !

Regards,
    Silvano
    www.freepath.it

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2012-01-05

Told you so. Next time, remember the password : '61 times'.

• Redhuan D. Oon
    Redhuan D. Oon
    2012-01-05

Forgot to add:

Greetings from Bogota!

(Hope posting 3 times here does not amount to hell to the ears of some. But waiting for 3 months for a simple thing is hell.)

• Hope posting 3 times here does not amount to hell to the ears of some.

I think you are overestimating your impact here ;-)
    http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2003-05-13/

Sorry, really couldn't resist…