Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Request for community membership

2011-11-24
2013-03-07
1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 1 of 4)
  • Hi to all
    My name is Emiliano González, i belong to Ergio, an argentine company devote to bring FLOSS solutions. We are in process of our first implementation.
    We start working on Adempiere 6 moths ago so we have not contributions to the project yet. We are in process of creating Argentine localization -based on LCO- which includes local taxes and Argentine Fiscal printers implementation: https://github.com/ergio/argentine_localization. The first functional release will be on January 2012.
    I humbly ask for your nomination and approval to join the ranks of the recognized citizens of ADempiere.
    I don't know if I can also request citizenship for my 2 business partners, Marcos Zuñiga and Emiliano Pereyra.

Best Reagards

• RAM
    RAM
    2011-11-24

Hi,

My vote to support sushisan's nomination

+1

Best Regards

Raouf,
    Citizen member

• Hi All,
    My name is Emiliano Pereyra, i'm from Argentine and member of company that work with ADempiere from 6 months ago.
    I'm requesting formaly a nomination for be a citizen of this community.

Best regards,

Emiliano Pereyra
    http://about.me/epereyra

• RAM
    RAM
    2011-11-25

Hi,

My vote to support epereyra's nomination

+1 for me

Regards

Raouf

• Hi,

@Raouf
    Thanks for your support!

@Norbert
    Thanks for consider our request.

Best regards,

Emiliano Pereyra

• Daniel Tamm
    Daniel Tamm
    2011-11-28

+1 to nominate Emiliano González
    +1 to nominate Emiliano Pereyra

Daniel Tamm

• Mario Calderon
    Mario Calderon
    2011-11-28

Hi Emilio, Hi Emiliano,
    it is an excellent idea you both want to become citizens of ADempiere.

I want to bring you into mind that a prerequisite to become a citizen is the demonstration of your contribution to the project ADempiere.

One way to do it would be documenting your work; in the case of your localization, document it on http://www.adempiere.com/Localization_Projects so we all know about it.

There, you can put a link to the source files of your localization, and describe how to configure it, etc.
    I see there is already one Argentinian Localization effort done by Alejandro Falcone, perhaps it would be OK to integrate both.

Documenting your work is necessary so other citizens can measure objectively your work, download, test and evaluate it, make suggestions, constructive critics, improvements etc.
    Otherwise, nobody will know the effort you've done and they will ignore your contribution to the Project ADempiere.

If you think your contribution goes further than just the Argentinian Localization, you could also join the Technical/Functional team, proving still stronger your commit to the community.

Once you've done that, I am sure your election will be easy.

Best regards,
    Mario Calderon

• RAM
    RAM
    2011-11-29

Hi,

ADempiere's Localization is a biggest contribution to this project, it take an international dimension to ADempiere. Welcome to Argentine localization.

So please stop with your sterile speech and your  bureaucratic method bla bla bla. you had better keep quiet.

So now after Daniel and my support ( citizen support ), Emiliano González and Emiliano Pereyra have met the requirements to start a citizens vote.

Best Regards,

Raouf

• moyses
    moyses
    2011-11-29

Raouf:

You are the one who should keep quiet not just filling the forums with your rants. You and all those people can begin to really contribute to Adempiere for example helping other users answering their questions, not only writing useless stuff in the forums.

Until now Emilio and Emiliano have just promised something that they have not showed. Where is that localization effort?

The same applies for your what you have done for Adempiere besides just flaming around?

• moyses:

I've already posted the project url , but I've no problem to re do that: https://github.com/ergio/argentine_localization
    Is our intention to include this in main project but we don't want to send code that already don't work,  however you can follow our progress in our github site.
    The first functional release of argentine localization will be in  January 2012 and this is not a hope but our need to finish it for a customer.
    You think it is advisable to add the code in this state or is better if it works before adding it to the official repository?

raoufmazouz and all:
      Me and my partner have the same name: Emiliano.

Thanks to all for your support!

Best Regards,
    Emiliano Gonzalez

• RAM
    RAM
    2011-11-29

To Moisés Quezada alias moyses,

0. is there any personal conflict with a contribution from Argentine? : D

1. I do not see why it is you who inflames this thread. weird! I responded to Mark and my response is legitimate. Mark does not respond after that there were two citizen's response. Do you think our citizen's support (me and Daniel) do not count ?

2. Do you have the shit in your eyes or you will not see the contributions of our friends from Argentina. that this work is not enough for you https://github.com/ergio/argentine_localization. This work deserves encouragement and the candidate for citizenship is in order. for your information, they do not ask the Nobel Prize! they just belong to the ADempiere project so stop with your bullshit and welcome to our friends from Argentine

3. I think our friends in Argentina have all the honors of becoming a citizen candidate for this project and it is neither you nor anyone else who holds the monopoly of ADempiere. You have the right to vote no, of course.

4. I do not understand why this project is a double standard rules with variable geometry, I know very well that it does not suit you there are other contributors especially when it comes and based from LCO Project:) shame to you! You are the one Who should keep quiet

5. for my contribution to the project, I did not have an account to make you and especially not to you that I did not know you until you reply to this thread.

An advise : when you do not know people, it is better for you to shut up. Happy idiot!

Raouf

• nwessel
    nwessel
    2011-11-29

Gentlemen,

please watch your language.

Norbert

• RAM
    RAM
    2011-11-29

Hi Norbert,

Sorry for that !  this is not my habit, I'm a little upset

Raouf

• nwessel
    nwessel
    2011-11-29

Hi Raouf,

thanks for your answer.
    I guess many of us, including me, feel upset and things get more emotional as they should be.
    Let's put our energy on a solution :-)

Kind regards,
    Norbert

• Carlos Ruiz
    Carlos Ruiz
    2011-11-29

Can I ask for a pointer to sustain this statement from Mario?

> I want to bring you into mind that a prerequisite to become a citizen
    > is the demonstration of your contribution to the project ADempiere.

Is there any link where you defined such rule to became a citizen?
    Or maybe you defined that in a closed meeting from CC?
    As far as I understood is that you just needed two citizens support to start a vote.

For me - personal reading of Mario's prerequisite - sounds like Mario trying to keep away the people that voted positively for red1 and voted CC as non-confident.  Is this your new way to manage democracy votings  :-)
    Come on, this just proves that voting mechanism is useless, CC is in charge to start a voting for citizens, CC is in charge to start the non-confidence vote (and they deleted a previous call from me, and threatened with expulsion), CC is in charge to redact the question (and they're trying to change the original question from red1) - and CC is in charge of counting the votes.

All these structures are proven rotten.  I think maybe we (those who have confidence in red1) resign to our citizenship and return to the real bazaar without these stupid structures.

Emiliano & Emiliano - let me state this for you -> YOU ARE ALREADY ADEMPIERE CITIZENS!  Voted or not, you already have contributed BY FAR MORE than many of the actual citizens.

Let's play devil's advocate and try to follow the consequences of Mario's prerequisite, ok?  You cannot say that I don't listen the other side and consider his words  ;-)

So, please Mario, can you demonstrate to community the contributions from these citizens?
    31 Moisés Quezada
    32 Ngigi Waithaka

• moyses
    moyses
    2011-11-29

Nah, You know the answer already to that Carlos, you answered an smill bit long time ago in the spanish forums.

In your own words:

"Moyses is a big help for the community and the newcomers. With their 810 messages in the forums (183 in the spanish forum) 34 trackers opened and I don't know how many he have commented"

"Moyses es una gran ayuda para la comunidad y para los novatos, con sus 810 mensajes en los foros (183 es este foro en español).  34 trackers abiertos y no se cuántos más haya comentado."

https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/forums/forum/623063/topic/3387397

Now you changed your mind? Did your forgot it?

Oh! I almost forgot it if people sent money to your pocket as Emiliano have done you consider that they have contributed FAR MORE. I forgot also that you are the center of Adempiere and you do no mistake.

• Carlos Ruiz
    Carlos Ruiz
    2011-11-29

Norbert, now you again using my name as if I supported this strategy of exclusion?

Let me recall for you that I opposed heavily the citizenship structure as you tried to shape it initially.

I rejected that structure because you were trying to create a closed circle on ADempiere (all of that is documented in forums).
    And you're trying to do the same trick again - creating an exclusive club.  This is bazaar, man, the two Emilianos are more contributive than at least half of the actual citizens.

Please remember that I rejected so heavily that even I resigned temporarily (until fixed) from my citizenship on july-23/2009
    http://www.adempiere.com/index.php?title=Citizens&diff=31461&oldid=31455

But Norbert, your answer is also incomplete, can you show me the contributions from Moyses and Ngigi - I want to compare if they are better than contributions from the two Emilianos.

NOTE ASIDE: This is deja-vu?  Karsten tried to imply that because I was part of ADeV I was supporting your way of obtaining control of domains worldwide - that was a big consideration to resign from ADeV (I'm not a member of ADeV anymore)
    And now you're trying to imply that because I was in Berlin I'm supporting your way to manage citizenship.  Please stick to the facts.

• Carlos Ruiz
    Carlos Ruiz
    2011-11-29

Moyses wrote:

> Oh! I almost forgot it if people sent money to your pocket as Emiliano
    > have done you consider that they have contributed FAR MORE.

@Emiliano(s), can you please clarify to community if we know personally or if we have conducted any business?

@Moyses, your words have implications -> it's called defamation.

That is why I consider Moyses now a rotten citizen, yes, I had best opinion about him previously, but he already launched such defamation in spanish forums, and now here in english forums, so I'm just asking you to show community if you know that Emiliano paid me a cent for anything.

• moyses
    moyses
    2011-11-29

Oh Carlos:

As always you shift the topic when you don't like something. You asked for contributions.

I showed your own words, your own words are not enough anymore?

Please stick to the facts.

• Carlos Ruiz
    Carlos Ruiz
    2011-11-29

Moyses, I'm asking you to sustain your own statement:

> if people sent money to your pocket as Emiliano have done
    > you consider that they have contributed FAR MORE

You're implying that Emiliano bought my support of his citizenship?
    Or you're implying that I'm on sale?
    I'm not that corrupt, man, maybe you're used to treat with such people, but you don't know me.
    So, please prove it.

@Community,

I don't know any of the two Emilianos personally - he have asked questions in red1 forums several times and I have answered there.  That's all the contact that I have had with them.
    They took LCO and are creating a new version of LAR - it's open source, I'm fine with that meanwhile they respect the proper credit (and they're), and indeed that makes me proud and encourage me to help them in forums.

So, Moyses, do you have any mean to sustain your slandering?

• moyses
    moyses
    2011-11-29

Carlos:

"But Norbert, your answer is also incomplete, can you show me the contributions from Moyses and Ngigi - I want to compare if they are better than contributions from the two Emilianos."

You can now compare mi contributions (thanks to you!) to those of the two Emilianos. What do you think now?

So I have contributed or not to Adempiere? According to you. Yes.

Again using your words. Please stick to the facts.

• Well …this is funny!
      I don't know personally Ruiz neither anybody in the Adempiere community (not even Falcone!)
      I NEVER talk with him in any way.
      We start our first implementation 6 months ago and decided to share our localization because there was not PUBLIC solution for our country.
      Obviously I have NEVER send money, gifts or anything to Ruiz!
      Moyses, your arguments are fallacious and offensive!
      I think the money around this project is a major concern for you, but for us, we have let it very clear, the apparent intention of convert this project in an Open Core for some companies don't like at all!
    This is the reason why we are sharing  ALL our development for free.

Regards
    Emiliano Gonzalez.

• Mario Calderon
    Mario Calderon
    2011-11-29

Hi,
    in my post I didn't show a link to the rights and obligations of citizens. Thanks to Norbert for catching up with that.

It is only logical that in order to become a citizen, one must contribute somehow.
    Of course, the citizen's list is outdated and should be updated.

I understood both Emilianos' request as a serious interest for cooperating and thus my advice.
    The same advice would (must) apply to anybody else, leaving apart his inclinations in the present conflict.
    I hope both Emilianos and everybody who wants to cooperate understand it as I state.

The questions Emiliano González put should be answered by people of the technical team; I personally think it makes no harm creating a branch in the official Adempiere site even if it is "under construction".
    It is even better: the sooner people see your work, the more help you may receive.

Just address the technical team, like the Brazilians did. Now they have a place where they can develop a solution for the needs of their country.
    Besides, they are near the official branch so interactions are far easier than in a remote project: you could easily get functionality from the other branches and vice-versa.

Best regards,
    Mario Calderon

1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 1 of 4)