Regarding Adempiere manufacturing module

Rahul
2012-05-24
2013-07-02
  • Rahul
    Rahul
    2012-05-24

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. Our company is interested in using Manufacturing related modules in one of our projects as that is the core business of our client. As we can see on Adempiere wiki page, some parts of the manufacturing module are not ready and do not yet have a specific delivery date. Can you please share your opinion on whether in the current state will Adempiere be able to handle almost all the tasks in a manufacturing company, say steel or food product manufacturing company.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

• Hi Rahul,

It all depends on your requirements, mean it all depends what the company want to do with ADempiere.

There are people in ADempiere who are implementing ADempiere for food manufacturing company, i hope if they read this message to answer you. They had to make some changes in the code, but ADempiere is quite flexible and as far as i know project is going good so far.

Personally i'm implementing ADempiere for manufacturing company in Germany, not full manufacturing mostly assembly.

Do you have good requirements analysis document? This is the critical point. You must know what your users want and second is to find what are the gaps in the potential software.

Regards,
    Trifon

• Enrique Ruibal
    Enrique Ruibal
    2012-05-24

Hi,

We have successfully implemented Adempiere Libero Manufacturing Modules in two facilities with the help of Victor Perez from eEvolution, I can tell you that the core manufacturing functionality is there, ready for production. I am also going to advice that you should retain Victor Perez services for additional support with your project.

Regards,

Enrique Ruibal

• Rahul
    Rahul
    2012-05-26

Thank you very much for your immediate replies. I had already written to Mr. Victor. Just got the reply from him after I posted here.

Thank you once again.

• Anonymous
    2012-07-06

Who is Mr. victor and how i can connect him.
    I have also some issue in production

• Ramiro Vergara
    Ramiro Vergara
    2012-07-06

Mr. Anonymous,

First step in order to communicate with Victor is to get a user name registering at Sourceforge, second step is to explain the issue here in forums where all the community can benefit.

Regards

Ramiro

• Hi Rahulathale.

The manufacturing functionality is extensive and may be complex. So,the   published is only  the roadmap  planned to be developed for particular manufacturing environments.

Currently Adempiere  supports the manufacturing types: Make-To-Order, Make-To-Assemble, Make-To-Stock, including discrete and process manufacturing, it has the capacity to use formulas (Bill of materials) and workflows (Routings).

On the other hand for the enterprises which use advanced planning tools of supply chain, Adempiere has the capacity of purchasing management, master scheduling, to generate a distribution plan using distribution networks, Material Requirement Planning (MRP) and Capacity Requirement Planning (CRP).

For enterprises interested in the record of the shop floor operations, Adempiere has the functionality of Activity Control (Shop Floor Control) which allows to record actual  activities and times in each work center.

Adempiere also supports manufacturing costs  by Standard cost method calculating variations in the manufacturing process.

Please if you have any question, contact us.

kind regards
    Victor Pérez Juárez
    victor.perez@e-evolution.com

• Ramiro Vergara
    Ramiro Vergara
    2012-07-06

Further to Victor explanation, I have seen the tendency to report bugs or claim the MRP is buggy or does not work at all.

The Libero MRP works very well but required an in depth knowledge of the manufacturing business process, if somebody does not have that knowledge I would suggest to liaise with somebody that does before doing testing and implementation of this business process in ADempiere

Regards

Ramiro

• Anonymous
    2012-07-07

i get the error message when i go for production confirmation. first time, when i click on create/post production, it generates the production line data successfully but second time it will show the following error message Error "Organization" I am stuck and wondering with this error please guide me in this regard please also check the flicker image

• TomKrausse
    TomKrausse
    2013-02-13

HI and sorry for late reply. In respet to your "organization" error message above. have you tried on the Java client as well and is the problem there still? I had the same problem with the Web client, but no problem with the java client

kr
    Tom

• I have some problem in using manufacturing. When I complete manufacturing order nothing is posted. Am I missing something? How can I get posting from manufacturing and how to check it? Adempiere 370 with Libero manufacturing

• Enrique Ruibal
    Enrique Ruibal
    2013-03-07

Hi,

Manufacturing Orders currently don't post anything, in order to see the postings derived from it you should follow issue/receipt process, then its cost collectors get created for a particular MO.

Please review related manufacturing documentation available on wiki and google.

Regards,

• Thanks Ruibal, I made bad question, didn't meant on posting MO directly, I read about it on Libero step by step manufacturing. I hope I will have some manufacturing of electronic devices in a month or two ( gps vehicle tracking device ) and I am interested to use Adempiere for it. As it is very complicated I am making lot's of mistakes so sorry about that. Generally I am wondering does this combination - Adempiere 370 with Libero manufacturing work correct? I suppose so but just to ask :)
    When I tried to do Print and Release Order process I got this error:
    CompletePrintOrder.process: org.adempiere.exceptions.AdempiereException
    org.adempiere.exceptions.AdempiereException
            at org.eevolution.process.CompletePrintOrder.doIt(CompletePrintOrder.java:110)
            at org.compiere.process.SvrProcess.process(SvrProcess.java:147)
            at org.compiere.process.SvrProcess.startProcess(SvrProcess.java:105)
            at org.adempiere.util.ProcessUtil.startJavaProcess(ProcessUtil.java:160)
            at org.adempiere.util.ProcessUtil.startJavaProcess(ProcessUtil.java:105)
            at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.startProcess(ProcessCtl.java:649)
            at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.run(ProcessCtl.java:394)
            at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.process(ProcessCtl.java:210)
            at org.adempiere.webui.apps.ProcessDialog.runProcess(ProcessDialog.java:313)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
    )
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
    .java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
            at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process0(EventProcessor.java:209)
            at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process(EventProcessor.java:141)
            at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.process0(EventProcessingThrea
    dImpl.java:519)
            at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.run(EventProcessingThreadImpl
    .java:446)

• Thanks Victor,
    As I already have older version of Libero MFG does this mean just to "overwrite" existing files  liberoMFG.jar and liberozkMFG.jar in Admpiere installation?

• And this is what I get from client with same process as described above:

MIssue.set_ValueNoCheck: ReleaseNo - Value too long - truncated to length=4
    ===========> CompletePrintOrder.process: org.adempiere.exceptions.AdempiereException
    org.adempiere.exceptions.AdempiereException
    at org.eevolution.process.CompletePrintOrder.doIt(Unknown Source)
    at org.compiere.process.SvrProcess.process(SvrProcess.java:147)
    at org.compiere.process.SvrProcess.startProcess(SvrProcess.java:105)
    at org.adempiere.util.ProcessUtil.startJavaProcess(ProcessUtil.java:160)
    at org.adempiere.util.ProcessUtil.startJavaProcess(ProcessUtil.java:105)
    at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.startProcess(ProcessCtl.java:649)
    at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.run(ProcessCtl.java:394)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

• It seams that I don't have any more mentioned error with new jar files…

• Hi

>As I already have older version of Libero MFG does this mean just to "overwrite" existing files  liberoMFG.jar and liberozkMFG.jar in Admpiere installation?

Yes you need overwrite into the package directory.

Can please activate the Log in ALL and post all trace log, to activate Log in ALL use Menu -> Tools -> Preference -> Trace Level -> ALL.

On the other hand please validate that you setting a print format for Manufacturing Order for company  into System Admin -> General Rules -> Printing -> Print From

kind regards
    Victor

• VRP
    VRP
    2013-07-02

hai

I have a problem while doing production.Iam trying to create a product in a particular locator with items from different locators.But even after clicking the "Create/Post Production Button " twice.I had successfully created the product in that locator.But the stock of the items with which i created the product isn't getting reduced from the main stock.