Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Sales order from multiple warehouse

2012-04-18
2013-03-07
  • moataz moussa
    moataz moussa
    2012-04-18

Hi All,
         Is there any way to create one sales order lines from multiple warehouse?
    eg; the sales order includes product A from warehouse x and product B from warehouse y.

Moataz Moussa

• ADAXA
    ADAXA
    2012-04-18

Moataz
    You should be able to display the warehouse field on the SO line.  It will be set by default with the warehouse field value from the SO header but you can change it to the desired warehouse.  Worked fine in the past and assume it still does.
    regards

• Can somene tell me where can I find some instruction or manual about Managing Sales? Here is the question which I didn't understand so far: if SO is made on one place, but warehuse is on another, when somebody from sales create that SO, how will people from warehouse know what and to whom to ship? In short, how can you have controll over what was shipped and what was invoiced? I know that it can be partially controlled over generating shipment and invoices from SO, but for example if you generate shipment or invoice from SO and not complete it, you can later generate it again from the same SO. Then you will have doubled documents and all can be completed and then you will have mess. In Purchase it's solved by matching PO, Receipts and Invoices from Vendor. How to solve this particular problem in Sales?

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

The Document Type, Delivery & Invoice Rules are key.
    http://www.adempiere.com/Sales_Processes might help some.

Packt Publishing's book on version 3.4 is still valid for most things as is compiere's online manuals (I don't have a link but google can help you find those).

One thing to note, the essence of Adempiere is that is process "Documents".  A completed Document does not indicate the process of fulfillment is complete but that the creation & editing of the document is complete.  In that respect you cannot ship a document that is not complete as that would indicate you have not completed the process of entering the sales order into the system.

colin

• Thanks Colin,
    I have that book and I will check it again if i miss something. But generally it is that you need to  make SO and over it you control what to ship and what to invoice? What happen in situation when you made SO, complete it, then you generate Shipment and Invoice. If happen that customer wants to return some products/articals, what do you do then to corect shipment and invoice? Could it be solved with RMA procedures for both documents? What happens if I complete just generated Shipment from SO and not  invoice but customer returns some products, how will then invoice be generated from SO? I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how does it work…

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

re: Sales Returns
    You need to test the RMA functionality in the Returns menu well - but assuming that passes testing then yes that is the correct way to proceed.

re: what happens if you Shipped but not invoiced.
    Like many things when implementing ERPs this is a judgement call… I would create a Customer RMA so that when the goods do arrive back this is captured in the Customer Return.  Simply undoing the Shipment might also correct Stock Qty but you have no process to manage the returns, for example you might have a QA process to ensure the goods & packaging are undamaged.  From the Customer Return you would create a Credit Note. 

I'm not certain that this still works but back when I was testing you could create a AR Payment  for ZERO value, then allocate both the Invoice (from the original Shipment) and the Credit Note to payment (obviously there is no real payment so this is a bit of a hack).

re: INvoicing
    What get invoiced depends on the "Invoice Rule" - though a Customer might have additional settings (like an Invoice Schedule) that effects this but generally speaking the Invoice rule on the SO will determine when invoicing will occur.

The problem with something like Adempiere and your questions is; there are many possible answers and at the end of the day the application can be (and I imagine usually is) changed to meet the business process you follow.  Sometimes the changes are Client Configuration changes, sometimes Application Dictionary Changes and sometimes code changes.

colin

• Thanks Colin again,
    I will see what to do about this. One of the problem that I see is that you can't see which invoice is connect to which shipment and revers, what shipment to what invoice. Is there some possibility to see it and maybe to generate sale invoice from shipment? This would help

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

you can't see which invoice is connect to which shipment and revers,

Open an invoice and use the Zoom Across
    http://www.adempiere.com/Zoom_Across

Likewise in the Shipment window.

Right Click on most fields and select ZOOM from the context menu and Adempiere will open the link in a new window.
    For example open the Shipment window.  The second field down on the left column is Order.  Right Click on this and select ZOOM.  A new window should open with the Sales Order!

The ability to find how all the various documents are related is one the the great things in Adempiere.

colin

• Thanks Colin,
    I know about ZOOM but I forget about ZOOM_Across so thanks for that too. Is there any option to generate/create invoice from shipment?

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

You know we all here take time out of our spare time to help people in these forums - that means you really need to do a little research yourself so that when you do hit real problems people will still be willing to help!  There are two options to "Generate Invoices" in the menus!! 

Did you notice the "Lookup" field in the bottom right of the menu.  You can type something in here .. .like "generate" and keep pressing return to flick through all the menu options with that word in it.

colin

• Dear Colin,
    I appreceate your help but I  spend lot's time researching Adempiere. I also help to others as much as I can and I am not waiting for others to find solution for me. Sometime I make some mistakes and sorry about that but I am not lazy :). Yes I know about the search option but I didn't find option to "Generate Customer Invoice from Shipment" or I am missing something. Thanks anyway. 

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

Which Generate menu options did you find?

• For Customer Invoices
    1) Generate Invoices as a process
    2) Generate Invoices Manual
    All of this works only from Sales Orders, not from Shipments as far as I know.

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

you can only ship goods for an order. So all shipments are related to orders.  So billing shipments not orders does not really make sense in this scenario.

http://www.adempiere.com/Sales_Processes indiciates when the invoice might be created.

The Invoice Rule field determines the conditions under which an invoice is generated for the order.

After Delivery indicates that goods should only be invoiced as they are shipped, so partial deliveries will possibly split across multiple invoices.
        Immediate means the invoice will be generated in the next run of invoices after the order is completed.
        After Order Delivered will allow the creation of the invoice only when the whole order has been successfully shipped.

And

Raising invoices

As with shipments, invoices can be automatically generated from sales orders according to the invoice rule specified in the order using the Generate Invoices process… Similarly, the Generate Invoices (manual) form can be used to select specific open orders for invoicing.

So if you create a SO with Invoice rule after delivery - when you ship some goods and generate invoices it will include that sales order (just those goods shipped) for invoicing.  Depending on how you configure it you might have an invoice with multiple shipments for a single order or multiple shipments from multiple orders.

The difference between the (manual) option & the process is in the manual generate you can see what will can be invoiced according to the Invoice Rule while the process will just invoice everything ready.

colin

• Thanks Colin,
    I meant that there was option for generating invoices from shipment because I saw for example this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7XvnnrDgY As it was before publishing 370 version I tought that there is that kind of option and I am missing something. Thanks for your efforts.

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-17

The first thing redhuan writes is a comment to find the orderline for the shipment… so nothing has changed since that demo.

• Ok thanks