Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Product Configurator in Adempiere

HowardT
2007-06-07
2013-03-07
  • HowardT
    HowardT
    2007-06-07

Is BOM DROP the only way to configure a KIT product?

Thanks.

• Redhuan D. Oon
      Redhuan D. Oon
      2007-06-09

Not sure what a KIT is. BOM drop is to deploy the BOM structure to a Sales Order or a Project Order. To define a BOM structure its done in the Product main window. U can refer to the Compiere User manual purchaseable at www.compiere.org or check out our http://www.adempiere.org/ look up the manuals.

regards

• Colin Rooney
      Colin Rooney
      2007-06-11

Howard,
      As you can guess from Red1's response ... KITs are not something supported in Adempiere.
      And as Red1 explained the BOM Drop simply eases the task of placing all items, that make up a BOM, on a Document. It offers no other fucntionality... You may be able to move instances of a BOM around, but you cannot use components of the BOM (KIT) or replenish it.  Unfortunately I cannot think how you might simulate a KIT in adempiere... dummy warehouses perhaps?  I think this is one of those areas requiring enhancement.

colin

• Hello Howard,

You can use a 'non-stocked' BOM to accomplish some kitting requirements.  On the Product record, check Bill Of Materials = Yes, and Stocked = No.  Then when you issue a transaction such as a Sales Order, the system will move the component items instead of the master product.

Maybe that can help.

Joel Stangeland

• TomKrausse
    TomKrausse
    2013-02-13

Hi Joel,
    to follow up on your conversation. I created a Configurable BOM (Consumption Master) and created Options, Alternatives (Varianten) and Components. When I go into the transaction productconfiguration BOM and select the sales order and BOM to insert it, always the whole master BOM gets inserted, as I can see on the price calculated in the sales order line. I am on 3.7.0. do you have got any clue what the problem might be? Of course I put it on non-stocked and BOM yes, as you were mentioning above,
    thanks Tom

• vinod
    vinod
    2013-02-19

Hi Friends,

I am facing some problem in Product window on ADempiere.

I am not able to create or delete any record on ADempiere. It shows one error like "Error".  It doesn't show what kind of error.
    If anybody knows this error.
    Please suggest me.

Vinod

• vinod
    vinod
    2013-02-21

Hi Friends,

I am facing some problem in Product window on ADempiere.

When i create new record in Product window, I am not able to save that record and it shows one error like "ERROR" and it doesn't show what kind of error. If anybody knows this problem. Please reply me.

Vinod

• Enrique Ruibal
    Enrique Ruibal
    2013-02-21

Hi,

Set the error trace level to 'all' and try saving the product again, you should see an error log to find why it didn't save.

Regards,

Enrique Ruibal

• Hi Vinod, you should check the log for detailed information of the error. Check Tools|Preference on Erros Tab you'll find more detail.

Best Regards,