Different Chart of account for diff organisa

2012-12-21
2013-03-07
  • Hi,

I have different GL for my every organization that I created on one client. Do I need to create different Chart of account assigned to each organization or I can use same COA for all? If i have different accounting config for each organization I can create a different accounting schema but how can I link to the organization ?plz help

• Hi,

>Do I need to create different Chart of account assigned to each organization or I can use same COA for all?

Both.
    In ADempiere you can use only one Chart of account for all organizations or you can create Chart of accounts for each organization.

>If i have different accounting config for each organization I can create a different accounting schema but how can I link to the organization ?plz help

for each Organization you can create it's own Accounting Schema. In the Accounting Schema you will find field "Only Organization" this will link both entities together.

Regards,
    Trifon

• Hi Trifon ,

Thank you vry much for your reply but yet I am not clear about link between new chart of account to new accounting schema.
    For example I have two organization named org-A and Org-B and I have created two accounting schema for org A and org B and two COA as well for both the organization and linked the accounting config by selecting only organization Org-A by this way i am only able to link accounting config for org A but how Can i Link new chart of account of Org A to this accounting schema created for org A?

• Hi Trifon,

I got the link between COA and accounting schema, It is on accounting schema element tab.

Thanks & regards,
    Harshada S