Developers
hodasamy
2012-08-12
2013-03-08
  • hodasamy
    hodasamy
    2012-08-12

hi all:
    i just checked out adempiere 3.6 source code and i want to add smart pos source code to it ,what is the steps to do that
    i downloaded all the source code packages but i don't know which one of them to use .
    thank you 

• pedro rozo
    pedro rozo
    2012-08-12

Hi  (I didn´t see your name in your message)

FYI: I suggest you to check the architecture and design documents of SmartPOS (openbravo fork + Adempiere ERP extension and customization + ActiveMQ )  architecture first,.

As a quick intro from Adempiere perspective, SmartPOS just adds one customization and one extension, they were build with the development standards of our ERP community (two mercurial repos for the ERP code + two eclipse projects).

So please be sure to check development guidelines for extensions and customizations of adempiere, and analize and play with the current demo of SmartPOS first …

For specific questions around SmartPOS (not related with Adempiere) please use the sourceforge forums (English and spanish) ,  https://sourceforge.net/projects/smart-pos/     for professional services related with this solution you can contact us: http://www.smartjsp.com. as well.

We are about to release a new version 1.1 (one or two) week,s with a lot of fixes and new functionality for pharmacies this time, so stay tuned of our new releases here and twitter as well.   @smartjspnews

Regards

Pedro Rozo.

• hodasamy
    hodasamy
    2012-08-12

Hi Pedro :
    thank you for your quick reply  i had read the admpiere customaization and extension but i found two projects in smart pos website 1-smartposerpcustomization and 2-smarterpextension and try different steps to add this to my adempiere project
    but it always give me error is there any document i can read about how to integrate smart code to adempiere as the technichal adempiere book for example

• pedro rozo
    pedro rozo
    2012-08-12

It would be good if your publish your name ….  location, and what are you planning to do with this integration …

If you are already familiar with extension and customizations and you analized the mercurial repositories and demo (zip files) you should see:

1. Customization project (with an ant build script: buildCustomization.xml) that will create (and deploy if you configure it properly) a customization.jar and zkcustomization.jar files that you should put in the LIB directory of adempiere

2. Extension project: (with and ant build script:  buildExtension.xml)  that will create (and deploy if you configure properly): these jar files for you :   packages\SMJ\lib\packages_SMJ.jar       zkpackages\SMJ\lib\zkpackages_SMJ.jar  ,

Once you have those jar files in the right place, you just need to run the integration script: RUN_silentsetup.sh (linux) or RUN:silentsetup.bat (windows)  to integrate them to the ERP, and start and test your server  

These customization and extension processes and pretty standard with Adempiere dev guidelines, so be sure that you really understand them, SmartPOS does´t really need anything more, and  our build scripts provided are pretty easy and flexible to configure (property files), 

Regards,

Pedro Rozo

• hodasamy
    hodasamy
    2012-08-12

thank you pedro okay my name is hoda samy iam a java developer and technichal java consultant ,i am from egypt and all what i need is to test the good integration done between adempiere and smart pos and prepare the development environment in a correct  way
    thank you for your help