Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Column not found after compilation

Developers
2013-01-28
2013-03-08
  • Frankie Figs
    Frankie Figs
    2013-01-28

Hello,
    I compiled the code corresponding with the following url:
    http://adempiere.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/adempiere/adempiere/shortlog/2bd9c4316ad1.

and then I installed it. When I tried to log in with GardenAdmin I got the following error:

===========> PreparedStatementProxy.getRowSet: CStatementVO
    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column m.ad_browse_id does not exist

What is this column m.ad_browse_id ?
    How should I proceed to add it one of the tables in the DB ?

Regards,

Frankie

• Frankie Figs
    Frankie Figs
    2013-01-28

On a related note:
           I did the initial database dump with the following command:
                  psql -U adempiere -d adempiere371 -f Adempiere_pg.dmp

• Frankie Figs
    Frankie Figs
    2013-01-29

Indeed I would like to work with the development branch but I still have much to learn. That said, are all the scripts present in that link considered migration scripts and thus I should apply all of them or I should only apply 837_AD_Migration.sql ? What about the order of execution of those corresponding scripts ?

Thank you for take the time.

Regards,

• Frankie Figs
    Frankie Figs
    2013-01-29

I forgot to add another conditional clause: "Or apply some subset of the scripts?"

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-29

You should apply all the scripts in the migration directory with the name 370lts-release to ensure you database is in the same state as the trunk code.

The scripts are numbered to indicate the order but there is also an ant  build.xml file that you can run to apply all the scripts.  Note though, that to run this, you must have configured the relevant *database*.properties file in the migration root directory.  There are template files there to copy and complete.

colin

• Frankie Figs
    Frankie Figs
    2013-01-30

I proceeded to:

1. Finding postgresql.properties.template in the /migration root directory.
    2. Configuring this file according to the instructions that were in said file and named it "postgresql.properties".
    3. Running the ant build (using eclipse) on the build.xml file that was located at /migration/370lts-release/postgresql/

I started up the server and log in as GardenAdmin. This time the error I reported at the beginning of the thread was not present.

Thank you very much for the instructions,

Regards,

Frankie

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-30

You're Welcome.

Thanks for the feedback, it always helps when the next person with a similar problem/question finds this thread in a serach!

colin