Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Payroll - posted amounts are doubled

Help
Petr Mikes
2014-04-06
2014-04-08
  • Petr Mikes
    Petr Mikes
    2014-04-06

Hello, can anybody help me? I am testing 3.7.0 LTS HR&Payroll. Everything seems to be OK. When I process the payroll the amounts in Payroll Movement widnow are allright but when I check postings for these transactions the amounts are exactly doubled. Example: processed Salary is 15,000 and posted Salary is 30,000. Any idea where to find the reason? We are using two pararel accounting schemes, this is only thing which came to my mind. Thanks Petr

• Hi Petr,
    Try to check if you didn't doubled posting some how. I am using HR and Payrolls too but I don't have that kind of problems - neither I am using paralel accounting schema...

• Petr Mikes
      Petr Mikes
      2014-04-07

Hi Goran, thank you for your reply. It is always good to know that it is working for somebody and mistake is somewhere on my side.
      For testing reason to keep it simple I am using only one payroll contract, one payroll department, one payroll job, one payroll employee. I set up only one payroll concept "Salary" with fixed amount. Not using any Rule, not calculating any amount. I set up only one payroll definiton. I played with checkboxes and tested different combinations but stil for some reason it is posting double amount or nill (paid or printed box needs to be checked).
      It is clear that posting comes from Payroll Concept Catalog - concept accounting folder settings. When I change accounts here, posting goes exactly to these accounts but doubled amount. Payroll process creates just two lines credit and debit but with doubled amount.
      I also tried manual payroll process and the same result.
      This is really strange to me, all other postings like invoices, payments, etc... work perfect even I use paralel accounting scheme and each scheme uses different currency.

Goran, did you implement any patch or installed anything extra? I use original 3.7.0. LTS on Linux server and Postgre database. I did not installed anything extra.
      Many thanks
      Petr

• Petr Mikes
        Petr Mikes
        2014-04-07

I moved forward a little in my investigation. The problem is connected with using multiple accounting schemes.
        I tested payroll with the same Client but different Organization which uses only one accounting scheme and it worked correctly. I added one more record in "Payroll Concept Catatalog" window in "Concept Accounting" folder for this organization and the system started posting double amounts. I added one more "Concept Accounting" and system started posting triple amounts. There was no error message.
        It can be tested by anybody (even if you use only one acc. scheme, you just use the same acc. scheme more times)
        I guess this is system bug.
        I was trying to split posting between two acc. schemes but system forces me to set up both "Accounting Concepts" - which is correct behaviour to ansure that every transaction is booked to both schemes at the same time.
        Anybody any idea how to fix it? I have to process payroll externaly and book it twice via GL gournals to each GL :=(

• Hi Petr,
    I am also using Adempiere 370 installed on Ubuntu 12.04 server with postgresql. I am also using HR module...

• Petr Mikes
      Petr Mikes
      2014-04-07

Hi Goran, and do you use more then one acc. scheme? I found the source of my problem. There is probably error in "Accounting Concepts" in Payroll. I wrote explanation above.

• No Petr, I use only one accounting schema, I read your explanation, but I didn't use 2 accounting schema so I don't have that experience...

Last edit: goran djermanovic 2014-04-07
  • Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2014-04-07

Anybody any idea how to fix it?

The GL postings are made by the code in:
    org.compiere.acct.Doc_HRProcess.java
    This is in the Base module of org.eevolution.hr_and_payroll subproject (code from github I think).

Of course if there are multiple schema then you would expect multiple posts, i.e. the posts for each schema. But it is possible there is an error and it is creating all the GL facts in one schema. The code identified should confirm or not.

Do note that 380LTS is about to be released for final user testing and there is a huge number fixes and enhancements included in it. If you are looking to implement a new project I think it would be wiser to look to test it.

See http://www.adempiere.com/Release_380LTS

colin

• Petr Mikes
      Petr Mikes
      2014-04-07

"Of course if there are multiple schema then you would expect multiple posts, i.e. the posts for each schema. But it is possible there is an error and it is creating all the GL facts in one schema"

Hi Colin, it is creating double amount GL facts in both schemas.
      I have noticed also another issue. I use one schema in GBP and second schema in CZK currency. When processing invoices, orders, payments etc... system works perfect it takes currency rates and post right amount at right currency. But posting payroll doesnt reflect two currencies and posts the same doubled amount in both schemas.

I am more finance guy then Java programmer so it will be challenge to analyse code for me. But happy to study new things. Thanks for your advice.
      Petr

• Hi Petr!

please review "Payroll Concept Catalog Window -> concept account" , if you have the flag "Balancing" as "Yes" , then an account fact is created using of credit and debit account defined in the concept, if of flag "Balancing" as "No", then an account fact is created using the debit account defined in the concept vs account credit defined in charge setting in Payroll Definition window -> Payroll.

Example when balancing is as 'Y'

Payroll concept

Debit Tax Holding (Use account debit defined in this payroll concept)
    Credit Employee Tax (Use account credit defined in this payroll concept)

Example when balancing is as 'N'

Debit Salary
    Credit A/P Employee (Using of account defined in Charge of Payroll Definition)

kind regards
    Victor Perez
    e-Evolution

• Petr Mikes
      Petr Mikes
      2014-04-08

Hi Victor,
      yes, I tested the function of the switch "Balancing". It works as it should be. Problem is that the system posts double amounts to the both accounting schemas regardless of "Balancing" switch position. The "Balancing" switch specifies the GL accounts which will be used for credit side of the transaction as you wrote above and this function is working.
      I use 2 accounting schemas. The system is supposed to create 2 postings. Each one in one schema. But the system creates double amount posting in both schemas.
      I tested 3 accounting schemas, I added one more record to "Payroll Concept Catalog Window -> concept account" and the result was triple amount.
      It seems that system during calculation of the amount which will be posted multiplies the amount by number of schemas. This logic would be ok if I use one schema more times in concept account tab. But If I use two different schemas it should calculate different way.
      As Colin wrote above, the code should be checked but I am not Java expert :=(
      Many thanks for your help
      Petr