Credit Used field showing wrong values

Help
2013-01-14
2013-03-08
  • Jubin Philip
    Jubin Philip
    2013-01-14

Hi All,

I believe the Credit Used field in the Customer Tab of Business Partner window shows wrong results.

From my observations, I find that this field is showing me the sum of my invoice values for this Business Partner irrespective of the payments I have received from him.

For example :
    I have an invoice for ABC customer whose value is 500.
    So in my credit used it shows 500 and my credit limit i have set to 1000.

So ideally he still have 500 available as credit.
    Suppose at this time he made a payment to me for the open amount 500…
    This mean he has no outstanding and ideally full credit (1000) is available.

But if i look into the BP window, the credit used still remains 500 and thus credit available remains 500 (1000-500).

Isn't this condition wrong?

Any comments?

Regards,

Philip

• Vassilis V
    Vassilis V
    2013-01-14

Hi Philip!

Did you post the Payments through the accounting processor? You can either wait till the processor does it itself (I think default is every 1 hour) or click on the "Post" button after you completed the payment.

Vassilis

• Jubin Philip
    Jubin Philip
    2013-01-14

Hi Vassilis,

The Payments have been posted. My positing method is Immediate.

I have also reconciled this payment through Bank Statement.
    Still no effect. :-(

Philip

• ADAXA
    ADAXA
    2013-01-15

Hi Philip
    Sounds wrong to me also.
    What happens if you run the process  > Business Partner Rules > Validate Business Partner.

regards
    steven

• Jubin Philip
    Jubin Philip
    2013-01-15

Hi Steven,

Hard Luck!! Even after running this process values remain the same :-(
    In fact the process results also remain the same. Credit used is still 500.

Philip

• Michael McKay
    Michael McKay
    2013-01-16

Did you allocate the payment to the invoice?  If not, the invoice remains "unpaid" and the credit number is not affected.

Mike.

• Jubin Philip
    Jubin Philip
    2013-01-16

Thanks Mike for the tip! Yes, when we allocate the payment to the invoice, the credit used does change!

Philip

• Colin Rooney
    Colin Rooney
    2013-01-16

Looking at the code in MBPartner.setTotalOpenBalance() it seems it should include unallocated payments and if I execute the SQL here it does return values inclusive of unallocated amounts.  There must be an issue that update of the Balance is not always run and indeed there is a flag passed to the get method to flag whether the value should be calculated or take whatever value is currently there… I guess for performance reasons.

Also, comments in the Payment allocation indicate it forces a recalculate but the same code is used in BP Validate so it's strange one works and the other not.

colin