Adempiere on cloud

russ
2011-10-27
2014-01-21
  • russ
    russ
    2011-10-27

I was just wondering on how to deploy Adempiere on the cloud? For example in Amazon EC2?

Thanks,
    Russell

• Hi Russell,

I was just wondering on how to deploy Adempiere on the cloud? For example in Amazon EC2?

Amazon Cloud is nothing more than just Virtual Machine hosting.
    What i have done to start ADempiere on Amazon WS is:
    1) Start your favorite OS. I work with Ubuntu.
    2) Install SUN JDK.
    3) Install PostgreSQL
    4) Install ADempiere.

All this steps can be done via SSH remote connection.

Have fun.

Regards,
    Trifon

• russ
    russ
    2011-10-27

Thanks for the reply. Another question, can it be accessed through the internet?

Thanks,
    Russell

• Hi Russell,

Another question, can it be accessed through the internet?

Sure.
    In Amazon WS you need to open Web port on which you have installed ADempiere.

Regards,
    Trifon

• Banym
    Banym
    2011-10-27

Hi Russell,

if you want to access the adempiere server via the java client i would not open the ports.
    The connection via the java client is not encrypted by default and needs direct access to the database.

A more secure way is the new Webinterface. But you need to secure it, too. It is not optimized or harded to be directly in the internet.

There are a few different ways to secure this scenario and make your adempiere secure in the cloud.

Regards,

Dominik

• russ
    russ
    2011-10-27

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm currently making a research on how to deploy adempiere on the cloud. Just want to know more details about this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Russell

• ADAXA
    ADAXA
    2011-10-28

Hi Russell
    the adempiere instance at testadempiere.com is running on an Amazon small instance. (its down at the moment for rebuild)

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/
    Small Instance – default*
    1.7 GB memory
    1 EC2 Compute Unit (1 virtual core with 1 EC2 Compute Unit)
    160 GB instance storage
    32-bit platform
    I/O Performance: Moderate

• russ
    russ
    2011-10-28

Hey, thanks for the reply. I would like to know the details on how did you deploy adempiere in Amazon. For example, i want to create my own adempiere instance in Amazon. Any details?

Thanks,
    Russell