Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Compiling acx111

2008-11-16
2013-02-17
  • Torben Friis
    Torben Friis
    2008-11-16

Hi,
    I am a bit confused about about navigation in your site, but I try this:
    I have the same problem as described in acx100-users Archives/[ACX100-users] cannot compile the acx100 module/fedora<fedora@ay...> 2008-07-31 07:38 (ioctl.c), but I dont understand the solution. Download another tar?
    I believe I have followed the instructions to the letter. Using Mandriva 2009 free.
    best regards
    torben

• Chuck Magee
      Chuck Magee
      2009-01-01

As stated in the other post, about ioctl.c getting compile errors, just use git to grab the current mac80211 source.

git clone http://git.gitorious.org/acx-mac80211/mainline.git

In my case, I created a directory called "new", did a cd new, then did the above git command.  Ended up with a directory "mainline" with all the proper source files in it.

The module acx.ko I created works fine.  I am still trying to get the vermagic to be the correct value and I had to put all the firmware files into "/lib/firmware" instead of "/lib/firmware/acx/1.2.1.24".  Of course, you can force load the module with the incorrect vermagic with --force.

• Chuck Magee
      Chuck Magee
      2009-01-01

http://gitorious.org/projects/acx-mac80211/repos/mainline/archive/66c159d3325d0dfe0b15b0cfaf4170e02bc881f5.tar.gz

Forget that git stuff above.  Turns out that particular one is missing our beloved ioctl.c file, amounst others.

Just download the URL at the top.  So, yes, download another tar is the correct answer.

• I have checked out the current git tree, and the module builds just fine against kernel 2.6.29.5-84.fc10 of Fedora 10 updates. Together with package acx111-firmware-2.3.1.31-1, wireless adapter D-Link DWL-G520+ is working without any problem, in fact better than ever before, but make sure to fully disable NetworkManager when using the ACX driver. Driver version is 0.3.38-git, and the ioctl.c file has been updated to build correctly with current kernels.
      Source package acx-20080210.tar.bz2 (v0.3.37) can be used as well but in this case, copy addRequestInfo.patch from https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2301801&group_id=75380&atid=543747 to the source directory, execute 'patch < addRequestInfo.patch' and build module acx.ko by executing 'make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=`pwd`'.

• Torben Friis
    Torben Friis
    2009-10-03

I still have the problem having found no solution. But I am also wondering what happened to this. Problem navigating? No solution?
    Bets regards
    Torben

• Torben Friis
    Torben Friis
    2009-10-04

Hi,
    I now have something to try. But is the tar file containing &quot;mac80211&quot; for Apple? From where can I download addRequestinfo.patch? If follow the URL I get an original error report, but no chance of downloading. Or what?
    best regards
    torben

• File addRequestInfo.patch can be downloaded by opening the page specified in my comment of 2009-06-20. After clicking &quot;Attached File (1)&quot;, the entry for addRequestInfo.patch becomes visible. On the right, there is an active link labeled &quot;Download&quot;. Click it to download the patch file. Eh voilà!

• Torben Friis
    Torben Friis
    2009-10-05

Hi,
    I finally understood getting all messages and downloading patch. I CAN NOW PING THE ROUTER.
    Thanks very much to all
    torben