Just wanted to say thank you Oliver for your continuing work on this driver. I have a Netgear WG311v2 running well with it.
I wanted to contribute if I could by providing the steps I took to get it working fully for me in Ubuntu 10.10 with aircrack. I'm writing this from memory of figuring it out a week ago so hopefully it isn't too far off.
(this is with ubuntu 2.6.35-23-generic kernel image/headers, should work with other versions i would imagine but then again maybe not)
1) get compat-wireless (im using compat-wireless-2.6.36-rc-2-s from the compat-wireless website)
2) patch channel-negative-one-maxim.patch, mac80211_184.108.40.206-wl_frag+ack_radiotap.patch, mac80211.compat-9-92-0.wl_frag+ack_v1.patch (grabbed these from compat wireless website i believe, not sure if *all* these are needed but they applied clean for me and it works so…)
3) unpack acx driver to compat-wireless/drivers/net/wireless/acx
4) edit compat-wiress/drivers/net/wireless/Makefile, add "obj-$(CONFIG_ACX_MAC80211) += acx/" to end
5) add "CONFIG_ACX_MAC80211=m" and "CONFIG_ACX_MAC80211_PCI=y" to end of compat-wireless/config.mk
6) i had to fix compat-wireless/scripts/update-initramfs KLIB= to "KLIB=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build" but ive read this may be fixed soon, still something to check
7) make; sudo make install
This will replace the ubuntu kernel package wireless subsystem and drivers with compat-wireless system and will install the acx driver. Everything aircrack/airodump/aireplay related seems to be working fine for me.
Sorry for the late reply … .
Thanks for the feedback. Nice to know that it works for you ;).
hello!….im trying to follow the steps mentioned above, but i recived this error in make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.35-23-generic/build M=/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16 modules
make: se ingresa al directorio `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-23-generic'
CC [M] /home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.o
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c: In function ‘acx_op_set_key’:
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c:5771: error: ‘struct ieee80211_key_conf’ has no member named ‘alg’
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c:5777: error: ‘ALG_WEP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c:5777: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c:5777: error: for each function it appears in.)
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c:5803: error: ‘ALG_TKIP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.c:5813: error: ‘ALG_CCMP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx/common.o] Error 1
make: *** [/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless/acx] Error 2
make: *** [/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16/drivers/net/wireless] Error 2
make: *** [_module_/home/felipe/compat-wireless-2010-10-16] Error 2
make: se sale del directorio `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-23-generic'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
i get this in ubuntu 10.10, with a D-link G520+, Is there any way to fix this?
http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-2.6-stable/v2.6.36/compat-wireless-2.6.36-rc5-2-s.tar.bz2 is the version i used. I tried with compat-wireless-11-17 and got the same errors as you. Would have to investigate why it breaks with this different version, but if you want it to work try the one I used.
These are indeed the current wireless-compat mac80211 API changes. These are already in.
You can select them by passing #define CONFIG_ACX_MAC80211_VERSION with value KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,37) to gcc e.g. via the make command line: