Security issue??

Help
bobbooty
2005-09-25
2013-05-02
  • bobbooty
    bobbooty
    2005-09-25

I am using Acqlite v 0.2.8 on MacOS10.2.8.  I am generally happy with the program.  However, I happened to notice someone uploading something, and when I clicked the Uploads menu I saw that the file being uploaded was from another part of my hard drive, not from my shared directory.  How did someone get access to my other files through this program?  Needless to say I shut it down and I'm not using it again until I can get a patch or upgrade with security issues fixed.

• euskir
      euskir
      2005-09-25

I think you must check your Acqlite preferences first. Usually p2p applications make a default folder for the downloads and sharing, If you don't change that preference and pick the folder you want to share, and the one to use as the download folder, there's a chance that you are sharing more than a folder.

• bobbooty
      bobbooty
      2005-10-01

no you misunderstood my post.  i have a specific folder shared with two files in it, a folde that was different from my download folder.  acqlite allows users to access files outside of that shared folder.