Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
I had the same problem installing on Fedora 3. I poked around in the configure script, and noticed that it was looking for a specific .h file. I started to think I would have to install from source.
After some more stumbling around, I did a yum install of libdvdread-devel from the DAG repository, and all was well!
I fixed this by manually editing the configure file. The correct fix is obviously in the configure.in rather than manually changing configure, but I don't understand autoconf/automake so I didn't go there :-)
Anyway, if you search through the configure file for two consecutive lines containing:
Simply swap these two lines round, so that stdint.h is included before the dvdread headers.