Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Segfault on loading disc

Help
2007-05-15
2013-04-25
  • Acidrip recently started segfaulting everytime I try to load a disc. The error message is as follows ...

Pango-WARNING **: shape engine failure, expect ugly output. the offending font is 'Bitstream Vera Sans 0' at /usr/bin/acidrip line 60.
    Segmentation fault

Running version 0.14 on Gentoo. Anyone have any ideas on this bug? It looks like acidrip is trying to use Bitsream Vera Sans font size 0 for the listing of tracks and it doesn't like that.

• Anyone familiar with this problem at all?

• I'm getting the same results. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the net. :-(

• Lady Cuddles
      Lady Cuddles
      2007-05-21

I dont know why, but, just recently, I started to get the exact same error, but, mine is a little more detailed... Same font, just a different sizing and parameter issue...

acidrip worked fine, until recently. Just tried to use it, and it comes up with the error below, and then crashes. I have tried to uninstall/purge acidrip, and reinstall - no resolve.

I just did a current dist-upgrade of my Debian SID install, and acidrip is current. I also installed a new kernel, didnt solve either...

cuddles@neo:~$ acidrip
      AcidRip message - No configuration file found, nevermind.
      Pango-WARNING **: shape engine failure, expect ugly output. the offending font is 'Bitstream Vera Sans Not-Rotated 0' at /usr/bin/acidrip line 60.
      Segmentation fault
      cuddles@neo:~$

Sure would be nice to use this program again, it was my first choice for ripping, and hasnt failed me until now...

Any and all assistance, would be greatly appreciated :D
      LC

• try:
      fc-cache -v

• I tried fc-cache -v and cleared out all the font caches, but it still returns the segfault when I try to load the disc.