Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

ACDK and Eclipse CDT

Help
kaiuwe
2004-10-25
2013-03-22
  • kaiuwe
    kaiuwe
    2004-10-25

Hi,
    I would like to use ACDK together with Eclipse's C development environment CDT under MS Windows. I am not sure about the best way to get there. I tried to get ACDK compiled directly within Eclipse which was not possible ad hoc.

Trying to compile it under Cygwin was not successful. I used the acdk_all.linux makefile and had several problems with it. I recognized, that the acdk_core project has an acdk_core.cygwin makefile. Unfortunately the other projects haven't.

Please, can someone give me a hint, how to get it managed best?

br
    Kai-Uwe

• Hi,

unfortunately the combination gcc/windows is currently not supported.

In the past I had troubles with gcc under windows generating shared libraries, but I haven't tested it in the past year.

(See http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=11524&group_id=15364\).

The acdk_core.cygwin currently is not working.

The compiler currently supported under windows are the Visual and Borland compilers. For the free Borland compiler Builder X I also added project files.

Generating make files for cygwin wouldn't a big issue, if I have the correct compiler/linker settings for cygwin.
      If you have any experience in cygwin you may modify the .linux make files. Please let me know, if you have any success.

Eclipse is a real good IDE; I think there is nothing better for Java. I also played a little bit with the CDT, but haven't figured how to generate shared library and executable.

Another possibility is to include acdkmake as a Builder into Eclipse. But unfortunately currently I haven't the time to put in there more work.
      First I want to finish the new XML library (including DOM, `namespace, XPath, etc.).

Roger

• kaiuwe
      kaiuwe
      2004-10-26

Hi Roger,

thanks for your reply. I will continue playing around and trying to get it work with Eclipse. I will inform you, when I am successful.

br
      Kai-Uwe