In this new major release, acarsdec comes with a database back-end program : acarsserv
acarsserv listens to acars messages on UDP coming from one or more acarsdec processes and store them in a sqlite3 database for latter analysis.
Change in acarsdec are minors :
- fix uplink/downlink message filter
- fix IPV6 addresses in -N -n options
- add the possibility to name rtl dongle by their S/N in -r option
- indent code
- small change in rtl code... read more
This his a minor fix release
A new option (-N) to send messages via UDP in its own acarsdec format
- No CRLF in message text part in UDP packets sent in PP format
- -a option parsing (thanks to sv1ljj for the fix)
- remove scheduling setting code that lead to strange behaviours on some arm boards
I finally found what goes wrong with 2.2
In fact the problem was only with too slow CPU.
I removed most of the multithreading that hurts more than it helps on slow mono processor and switch to asynchronous IO.
Hope that this version will be the good one.
No features added since 2.2
Seems that there is some big problem with the new 2.2 rtl front end : works with some frequencies configuration and not with others ..
2.1 must be fine but without the promised 2.2 added features and improvements ...
Sorry for that.
Yet another release, but this one must be the good one(TM)
- Could send ACARS messages over internet via UDP in planeplotter format
- Better and less CPU hungry rtl AM demod. Could now demod four frequencies on RaspberryPI with less than 30% CPU.
- Improved error correction
- lots of stupid bugs fixes...
David Taylor (GM8ARV) have an interesting page about compiling acarsdec for raspberryPI :
acarsdec 2.1 is able to receive two acars frequencies simultaneously on raspberry PI.
I work on optimizations to be able to do better
This is a fix and small improvements release
Fix display of uplink messages
add -A option to display only downlink messages
add -p ppm to set ppm frequency correction for rtl dongle
improve -o 0 output (now print the beginning of message )
Acarsdec is a multi-channels acars decoder with built-in rtl_sdr front end.
The 2.0 version is a complete rewrite, very few code line remains from 1.x
Acarsdec is an open source, realtime ACARS demodulator and position decoder for Linux.
Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (or ACARS) is a digital datalink system for transmission of small messages between aircraft and ground stations via VHF radio.
Audio output from air band VHF receiver is send to the soundcard input of your PC under Linux.
Then, acarsdec will demodulate the signals sent by aircrafts and print the received messages on its standart output or acts as a basic APRS server to feed xastir map plotting programm... read more