* Introduced basic user authentication / authorisation into the
system. If the $admin_users configuration variable is specified
in codestriker.conf, this contains a list of "admin" users.
If defined, admin users are the only ones who can
* Created another Subversion post-commit script which is an extension
of the standard commit-email.pl script which ships with Subversion.
The email sent also includes an additional line, which is the URL to
the auto-created topic.
* Updated install.pl so that it can be executed from any directory, not
* Creating Perforce topics directly from already committed files in the
depot did not work if the depot was on a different machine to the
web-server. This has now been fixed.
* Fixed an issue where some Perforce describe diffs were not being
parsed correctly as reported by shambhu.1980@.... This has
now been fixed.
* Added a drop-down on the topic create page where the initial topic
state can be set. By default, this is set to "Open", however in
situations where a review has already been performed but needs to
be recorded, or a topic is automatically created from a post-commit
script from an SCM, sometimes another initial state is desirable.
* Updated install.pl to support a separate Apache virtual host per
Codestriker project as suggested by dmulter@....
Manual has been updated with the appropriate instructions.
* Help popup text windows on the create topic and search screens
disappear automatically when the cursor is moved off the (?) link.
* Fixed a bug where Subversion diffs with binary files that contained
property changes were not handled correctly.
* Make $file_viewer more flexible so it can handle file mapping URLs
which have CGI parameters. Submitted by vadz@....
* Scmbug integration now works correctly when there are multiple
commits to the same file under the one Bug ID. Fixed by
* ScmBug integration now works correctly when deleted files are
present in a Subversion changeset.
* Added "Diff" link for each comment on the list comments page so that for
those reviews which aren't linked to an SCM, it is still possible
to quickly link back to the coloured topic text.
* Fixed the rendering of non-latin characters when syntax highlighting
2008-10-30 20:14:38 PDT by sits
* Ability to create Codestriker topics automatically from a Subversion
commit, via the bin/subversion-post-commit.pl script. Once the
appropriate configuration is set at the start of the file, simply
add it to your Subversion repos/hooks/post-commit file as the
/path/to/codestriker/bin/subversion-post-commit.pl "$REPOS" "$REV"
* "Default to head" option for CVS topic creation was not used when
selected, but when it was unselected. This has now been fixed.
Spotted by mnk26@....
* Fix for "v-string in use/require non-portable" warning when using
Perl 5.10 from rob_webset@....
* Deleting a topic connected with a TestDirector bug has been fixed
* Creation of Subversion topics which use a file for the module field
in the create topic screen may not work correctly for some versions
of Subversion. This has now been fixed by
* Make sure XML representation of a topic has its data properly escaped.
Fixed by rob_webset@....
* Ability to parse git patches correctly.
* Ability to parse hg diffs (Mercurial SCM) correctly.
* Better detection of filename extensions for highlighting. This
previously caused issues for temporary directories which contained
a period, but the filename itself didn't. Reported by
* Scmbug integration now works correctly if multiple bug IDs are
specified is the create topic screen. Fixed by
* Fixed the parsing of Subversion diffs which contained modifications
within property sets. Also fixed case where file in diff is empty.
Reported by clechasseur@....
* Show total added/removed line count after table of contents on view
topic screen. Also show same line counts on create topic email.
* Make the topic title in the edit comment page link directly to the
code location being commented on rather than just the top of the
view topic page.
* Use pegged revisions instead of operative revisions when retrieving
files from Subversion to handle situations where files have been moved
within the repository since the review was created. Fixed by
* In the create topic email, show the URL to the associated bug records
if $bugtracker is defined in codestriker.conf rather than just the bug
* Allow the Parallel links to work for new files and display them
2008-08-10 21:06:51 PDT by sits
Syntax highlighting support. Appearance of application has been updated. Allow the ability to specify just a filename and a revision number to create a review from a Subversion or Perforce repository. Support for TestDirector as a supported bug tracking system. Support for creating reviews by just entering the bug IDs, and retrieving the data from Scmbug. The edit comment page has been updated to include link back to the associated view topic page. Added support for LXR 0.9.5. Can now comment on any line of any file in the review, not just those that are a part of the diff file.
2008-07-03 17:22:24 PDT by sits
Its been a long time coming, but 1.9.5 will be out quite soon. You
can download 1.9.5rc1 from the usual download site, as linked from
http://codestriker.sf.net. I've pasted in the changelog at the end of
The pages have been slightly re-designed with a new look and feel,
plus source-code syntax highlighting at long last is available. Check
the codestriker.conf file for more details.
* Syntax highlighting is now supported using the highlight package from
http://www.andre-simon.de/. Check the codestriker.conf file for
configuration. Many thanks to Nikita V. Borodikhin
<eliterr@...> for all his assistance in implementing
* Allow the ability to specify just a filename (for the module field)
and a revision number (for the start or end tag) to create a review
for a specific version of a file in a subversion repository.
* Fixed database code which was preventing user metrics being updated
under SQL Server.
* Make sure the email subject field properly encodes underscores and
question marks. Submitted by jon787@....
* Only require Authen::SASL as a pre-requisite if SMTP authentication
is needed. For some deployments, installing Authen::SASL can be
* Support for TestDirector as a supported bug tracking system.
Submitted by rob_webset@....
* Support for creating reviews by just entering the bug IDs, and
retrieving the data from Scmbug.
Submitted by rob_webset@....
* Make sure if an invalid CGI parameter value is specified that its
value is encoded when displaying the generic error page. Reported
* Make sure very long filenames don't move the diff display far to the
right of the view topic page. Fix suggested by
* The edit comment page has been updated so that the topic name is
linked back to the associated view topic page.
* Added support for LXR 0.9.5, which renamed the database tables to
contain an lxr_ prefix by default. Support for older LXR databases
will still work by default. LXR entities are now rendered in black text,
the same as program code, but an underline is shown when hovered over.
* Updated the Subversion diff parser so that it correctly identifies new
files, rather than treating them as modified files.
* Removed the "View with minimal screen width" / "View with minimal
link break" options from the view topic screen. If the browser window
is not wide enough, a horizontal scrollbar will appear.
* Provided the ability to create topics for a specific changeset from
a Perforce repository, from Alis McCutcheon <amccutcheon@...>.
For example, //depot/src/tools/unittests/python/ can be set
as the module name, and 12736 (the changeset number) can be set
in either the start or end tag field.
* Updated the Codestriker CSS file significantly based on the work by
Kannan Goundan <cakoose@...>. Also changed the
appearance of the application to give it a more modern look.
* Can now comment on any line of any file in the review, not just those
that are a part of the diff file.
2008-06-26 00:06:57 PDT by sits
Codestriker 1.9.4 has been released with the following changes since 1.9.3:
not be loaded. This usually occurs due to apache misconfiguration.
* Allow subversion repositories that communicate using the Subversion
protocol to be specified in @valid_repositories as
'svn://my.subversion.server/repos/product/trunk' rather than
* Support subversion diff files which contain "Copied:" entries.
* Improved patch file parsing for handling binary file changes.
* Ensure emails sent contain the header "MIME-Version: 1.0" for
RFC2045 conformance. Submitted by Vadim Zeitlin
* CSS cleanups from Kannan Goundan <cakoose@...>.
* Bottom coloured row on topic list screen didn't extend across full
width of browser window if bug-tracking or custom comment metrics
were defined. This has now been fixed.
* Place a clear divider between comment blocks on the view topic
comments screen, as suggested by Nikita V. Borodikhin
<eliterr@...> to minimise confusion.
* The topic comments tab count would incorrectly display the number
of comment threads rather than the number of comments, when viewing
the topic text. This has now been fixed.
* Handle Subversion files which contain @ in the filename.
* Codestriker now behaves correctly under mod_perl when retrieving
data externally from an SCM system, such as when the Parallel link
is clicked, or when a topic is created directly from the SCM.
* Creating Subversion topics directly from the SCM now works correctly
in non-English locales.
* When calculating metrics, make sure email addresses are handled in
a case-insensitive manner. Also remove trailing/leading whitespace
from the addresses.
* Handle topic text that starts with the UTF-8 BOM.
* Workaround for invalid diff files generated by Subversion in a Chinese
locale. See http://marc.info/?l=subversion-users&m=118725115412403&w=3
for more information.
* Handle the different text types that may be present in a Perforce diff.
Submitted by Russell Cattelan <cattelan@...>.
* Defined the "noconnection" option for $bug_db in codestriker.conf
so that it is possible to define what bug IDs are associated with
a topic, without updating an actual bug database when the topic
is created/closed. If $bugtracker is defined in codestriker.conf,
then links will be created on the topic properties screen to the
associated bug records. Submitted by Russell Cattelan
* Handle ClearCase diffs which contain "Directories are identical"
lines in them. Submitted by Steve Kinsman
* Support for using the ClearCase dynamic view under Windows.
Submitted by Steve Kinsman <skinsman@...>.
2007-10-01 21:39:55 PDT by sits