Sounds like you're trying to get the mod_webkit going.
First off, take a look at the apache documentation for info on the <Location> directive -- should make things a little clearer.
Try the following...
0. Copy the contents of the apache.conf file in the mod_webkit to your httpd.conf. (I left out the AddModule line...). Restart
1. Start the AppServer
2. Create a HelloWorld.py script modeled on the one in the Install guide.
3. Choose a directory to serve the script out of (lets say '/home/test')
4. Add a new context (i.e. directory) to the WebKit setup by editing the Configs/Application
file. In the Contexts dictionary add: 'Test' : '/home/test'
5. In your browser of choice type: 'http://localhost/WkMod/Test/HelloWorld'
6. You should see 'Hello World!'
Hope this helps.....
(who just got this working earlier in the week....)
From: Michael C. Urban [SMTP:murban@...]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 10:45 AM
Subject: [Webware-discuss] Questions about setup.
I am new to Webware and just finished installing it. I am also kind of
new to Python. I have a question about the setup procedure.
For the <Location /WkMod> section of httpd.conf, what exactly should
that directory point to? Does it point to the web server directories
that I want to be able to run python servlets from? Or does it point
to the directory where WebKit is install? Or what?
Also, I assume the AppServer should probably not run as root correct?
And that I should probably run it under the same account that the web
server runs as?
Webware-discuss mailing list