patch for deamons and build scripts and kernal RePatch:
Test for framebuffer mmap, this works on real fb and vfb:
Complete framebuffer for colinux.
View vfb_mmap and the heavy kvirt_to_pa functions:
for monotone Date: 2004-10-23T17:30:46
* need separate kernel-Patch linux-20041023-cofb3.diff
* coFB with linux as host.
* mmap implement
* automatic launch colinux-console-sdl
* CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL=m, than "modprobe vfb"
Than "echo 1234567... > /dev/fb0" shows something on sdl viewer.
* CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL=y and CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y for
booting with framebuffer console. Will see the boot messages
on sdl viewer.
* Some older fixes for batch build, see last patch
* "build-kernel.sh --no-download" if developer want not extract
and patch kernel (I need this very, because old script removed
all my source, what I have wrote 2 hours before :--( )
- Windws as host not tested!
- Have not keyboard on this boot. You can not login.
Must hard reset the colinux image. (CTRL-C the daemon)
- Screen update on SDL works not perfect.
Sometimes only moving of xwindow, will update the cofb on screen.
- Some lines was not updated. Perhaps some messages was lost.
- Source is hot under contruction, please run carefully. Not all
pointers are perfect testet. Best, run on test system and remount
all unused drives read only to protect they data integry.
Sorry, that is only for evaluate the mmap problem inside colinux kernel.
I will update this patch to actual monotone state, if some general
errors was fixed, and if also run under windows as host.
Henry Nestler wrote:
> for monotone Date: 2004-10-23T17:30:46
> (41KB to big for list)
> o Fix broken build script, if update any patches, use md5sum.
> o Adding configure-make-install, update doc/building.
> o Add install in src/Makefile and in ...traget.../build/Makefile.
> o bin/build-common.sh not executable, is sourced only.
> o Setting COLINUX_BUILD_LOG for build log, separate or one file.
> o Option in build-all.sh --rebuild-all
> o Add colinux-bridged-net-daemon to normal make colinux.
> + missing some dummy functions for cofs under linux.
> + colinux-console-sdl as viewer of coFB, very simple,
> dirty and only tested on linux as host!
> coFB lanched not automatic. Please do this steps:
> Must run your Xserver with color depth 8bpp, other not tested.
> I'm tested only Xserver on vesa real framebuffer 1024x800x256
> Run a xServer with "startx -- -ac" (access rights
> login as root or call "su"
> Run "colinux-daemon -c config.xml"
> Run "colinux-console-sdl" from ather shell, as root
> On colinux console:
> login as root
> modprobe vfb (update after 3sec
> echo "blabla" > /dev/fb0 (fill the buffer
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/fb0 bs=640 count=480 (clear screen