I've found and the fixed bug in the fast transform code that was preventing
cropped TIFFs being output by PTMender when the fast transform feature was
enabled. The bug was in resample.c.
PTMender can now output cropped TIFF files when the fast transform code is also
used. When these two features (cropped TIFF and fast transform) are used
together, the result is that tiff_m format files can be generated extremely
quickly with virtually no memory use, even for projects with large numbers of
To enable cropped TIFF output, the p line in the stitcher script should specify
the output format like this example:
p w4454 h1620 f1 u20 v22 n"TIFF_m r:CROP"
To use the fast transform code, the m line in the stitched script should
include "f0" like this example:
m i1 g1 f0
Below is the changelog of my changes over the last couple of days. (I sent an
e-mail yesterday to this list with most of this information, but it didn't
appear to have made it to the list):
2006-05-16 Max Lyons (maxlyons@...)
* resample.c: Fixing bug in fast transform logic that caused crash when
destRect.left != 0 (i.e. producing cropped TIFF output)
2006-05-15 Max Lyons (maxlyons@...)
* Removed old versions of ptcommon and colourbrightness from the
tools...these had already been moved into libpano main directory
* Updated Makefile.win32 to include missing references to sys_common.c,
PTCommon.c, hdrfile.c, rgbe.c, ColourBrightness.c...should now build
correctly using MingW
* pano12.def: Removed duplicate entry for "StringtoFullPath"
* PTcommon.c: Changed #include <filter.h> to #include "filter.h" (this
prevented compilation with MingW)
* PTcommon.c: Changed call to execute_stack to execute_stack_new (necessary
as a result of modification to Transformation function type)
* PTcommon.c: Removed InsertFileName definition. This is already defined
in PTPicker, and prevented compilation with MingW.
* ColourBrightness.c: Changed #include <filter.h> to #include "filter.h"
(this prevented compilation with MingW)
* PTBlender: Fixed comparison between pointer and integer error (line 102)
> On Mon 15-May-2006 at 00:24 -0400, Max Lyons wrote:
> > > > > * Cropped TIFF crashes PTmender.exe.
> > >
> > > Bruno> Same problem on Linux, I thought this was working.
> > In the short run, the solution is no to use cropped TIFF output in conjunction
> > with the fast transform feature (i.e. don't add "f0" to the "m" line in a
> > PTStitcher/PTMender script).
> Thanks, my problem was that the stitcher scripts produced by hugin
> always have "f0" set, PTmender is fine after editing the file.
> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
> PanoTools-devel mailing list