On 15 May 2011 17:33, Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus@...> wrote:
> I'll try to set up things so that everything is in place when 1.0.49
> is released, so that commits after that can skip CVS.
* I've mutilated Andreas' git-workflow branch a bit.
** Squashed into a single commit.
** Changed version numbers to match my preference (incorporating branch name.)
** Kept hitting it with various sized sticks till it seemed to work.
++ please review! ++
* I've checked out the git hosting on Sourceforge. Looks OK. Setting up a repo
doesn't require help from their personnel. We can set up multiple repos if we
* Once 1.0.48.x is frozen, I'll set up an experimental git repository
During the freeze we make sure we can commit to it, cannot force master, etc.
* Once 1.0.49 is released, nuke the experiments from the
aforementioned repo, leaving a git workflow commit on top of the
release commit, and call it official. For daily development, the only
major difference is lack of version.lisp-expr, and no CVS hoops to
* Turn off CVS (we can keep it available for a while if someone needs
it -- but since it will be frozen I don't see how that can do much but
generate confusion as people wonder why there are no commits.)
* Entice someone to look into how to write a custom merge driver for NEWS.
* If the turn out to be issue with the git workflow commit, leave it
for later, but still move to Git.