On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 01:41:48PM +0200, Ibraahiima SAAR wrote:
> Hi Pere,
> Thanks a lot. I tried that and it works! I noticed some translations are
> too long and affect character size. Got to fix that. Also one string has
> gone untranslated!
Note that this is probably because the 'source' string in Tux Paint itself
changed, so there'll be a mismatch. Not much you can do when trying to
translated using the latest PO / POT while running an older revision. Sorry! :(
> Testing is really great to spot errors!
> What about config and stamps? Are the translations included in other files
> than the gettext ones.
Tux Paint Config uses gettext internally, just like Tux Paint, so the
'copy the MO' trick that Pere suggested should work.
For Tux Paint Stamps, the stamp text is actually converted (via some Python
scripts that parse the PO files) into UTF-8 encoded Unicode TXT files.
So for each stamp PNG or SVG, there'll be a TXT file containing each translation
on a separate line, like so:
Original (english) text
There's a (relatively) large amount of space for stamp descriptions, since they
are shown at the bottom of the of UI (below the color picker, next to Tux penguin).
So it's probably safe to trust them without testing, unless the translations seem
particularly long. (In which case, one of us can probably check for you...
unless you feel like messing with Python on your desktop)