On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM, roberto dircio <rdircio@...> wrote:
> I have not been able to make my HP branded TSGI-IR01 blaster to control my DCT700/MX STB, here's the picture: http://www.kraftek.com/lirc/dct700.jpg
> this same hardware with lirc can control one of my kenwood stereo systems from a considerable distance.
> With the DCT700, when i use "irsend SEND_ONCE DCT700 ch+" , the blaster led blinks (the one attached to the dct700), but the STB doesn't seem to detect a signal.
> the dct700 works fine with the remote control it came with.
> So far:
> -i've trained lirc with irrecord and the remote that came with the dct700 unit and got this file: http://www.kraftek.com/lirc/DCT700.conf, again, it blinks, but the dct700 does nothing.
> - i've used several files for the DCT700 that i found in the mailing lists like: http://www.kraftek.com/lirc/DCT700.conf.2 and had not good results.
> - i've tested with different frequencies and found out that "frequency 33500" works only if i press a button on any remote pointing to the dct700 (yes, any remote, a stereo system or a tv remote), very strange beheviour.
So yesterday, I finally got around to trying blasting to my own dct700
from an mce transceiver like I said I would on irc. I started with
...and added min_repeat 3 to it before I started playing (DRC800 being
the model of the remote bundled with my dct700's). Using the topseed
0x0008 device, blasting works flawlessly. So I continue to be stumped
as to what the heck is going wrong with yours. :(