Menu

Timed Out Error on TILP (newest RPMs)

2003-04-05
2004-01-26
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    I'm using tilp on my Mandrake 9.1 linux box.

    I don't have any kernel modules compiled in, from what I understand it should still work as root, which I am content with.

    The only problem is that it isn't working.

    I'm using TI's black serial link, with a TI92+ AMS 2.05

    Whenever I check status it times out, I even tried increasing the timeout.

    I swear I have been able to send 1 file w/o patch, but the only problem is this isn't consistant.

    Any help?
    Feel free to IM me (AIM protocol) zdude255

    • Romain Liévin

      Romain Liévin - 2003-04-18

      Do you have the 'tiser' kernel module loaded ?

      You need a kernel module to use this cable without being the super-user.

    • Nobody/Anonymous

      I am trying to use it as super user but it is still not working.

      root is the su on Linux, I don't care if only su can use it, I just need it to work as su

    • Tom Felker

      Tom Felker - 2004-01-24

      I'm having similar problems.  Black link works inconsistantly.  I've tested this on three computers, two with Linux (2.4.21 and 2.6.1) and one with WinXP.

      On my 83+, it works most of the time, but it can never transmit the ION shell - it gets most of the way done, then it times out.  I was able to get the ION shell transfered with a different computer.  On an 86, it would always start transmitting a file and timeout about halfway through.  I haven't been able to get a peep out of an 89.

    • Andrew Keyser

      Andrew Keyser - 2004-01-26

      Me three, the latest Debian packages have the same effect. Seems as though I can do only one or two good transmissions, and then I get timeouts. Really, really annoying. This should be fixed ASAP.

    • Andrew Keyser

      Andrew Keyser - 2004-01-26

      I forgot to say that I'm using an 89 with the Black Serial link, Knoppix hd-install (which = Debain)

Log in to post a comment.