On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 19:21 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> 2009/10/2 Peter Serwylo <peter@...>:
> > Alrighty, so it works (almost) fine :)
> > The itunesCDB gets read successfully, gtkpod writes back to the sqlite
> > database successfully. I presume it also writes back to the iTunesCDB
> > correctly, but I'm unsure as to whether the iPod interface reads from
> > the sqlite databases or the itunesDB file...
> Hmm, you did have to make some changes to get gtkpod to writes all of
> that, didn't you? Or did it do that out of the box? I'd say the ipod
> interface uses the sqlite files, but that's just a guess.
No changes to gtkpod, only compiling against your iphone3.0 git branch
Anyway, in the cold light of day (when I'm actually a little bit awake),
I would like to withdraw half of my statements.
This is my interpretation of events:
gtkpod *reads* successfully (from the iTunesCDB file)
gtkpod *writes* successfully to the Library.itdb (and whatever other
databases are required):
- if I run a select on the items table in the Library.itdb file, it
returns the correct list of songs.
gtkpod *doesn't* write successfully to the iTunesCDB file:
- when I open gtkpod again, the songs I removed are still there
- although the sqlite database is still correct.
If I open iTunes, it will rewrite out the sqlite databases, I imagine
based on the contents of the iTunesCDB file.
So yeah, not as I'd hoped.
I guess I'll be hanging around until the hashing scheme is discovered.