> I would like to hear the opinion of other developers too (Raphael,
> Philipp, Frieder, where are you?).
Here I am: I have some device families added to my local tree
* j50, 6j55
which I would like to see in the next release.
I would also like to enable the 18f2510 again, which was disabled
due to a gputils bug.
Furthermore, the libraries are compiled with -Wa,-q, which suppresses
erroneous gputils warnings (fixed in gputils on 2008-12-03) but also
useful diagnostics. This option should be removed.
Unfortunately all of these changes currently require a post-release
svn version of gputils, which is why I have not checked them in yet.
I could add the changes even without a gputils release, if you can
update the gputils on the compile farm to a post-2008-12-03 state.
The interested user could still use the pre-built sdcc or compile
an svn checkout of gputils to build sdcc from source.
I have asked the gputils to prepare a release; I now propose to wait
for 2 weeks and then commit my additions. Other/better ideas are
In addition to that, there is at least one patch (#2512926) pending,
which addresses an 'incorrect register assignment'-bug in the pic14
port (#1762626). I should be able to review and probably integrate
it before 2008-03-01, though.
> I propose the following schedule:
> 1.3.2008: Release candidate 1
> 15.3.2008: Release candidate 2
> 22.3.2008: Final sdcc 2.9.0 release
Fine with me, considering the statements above.
Thanks for your commitment!