Suggestions to the maintainer of http://www.yaml.org:
(1) Add a section that says who is the maintainer of this page
(2) Rename the "Projects" sections "Implementations", as this is what users
(3) Reorganize this section by languages, as users are most often tied to
a specific language.
(4) Update information on Ruby.
Implementation of (2)-(4):
- libyaml # YAML 1.1 library, the base for further development
- Syck # YAML 1.0 library, still used in several language bindings
- PyYaml # YAML 1.1 Reference Implementation
- YAML # YAML 1.0, Syck binding, is part of the standard library
- RbYaml # YAML 1.1, PyYaml port, inactive
- JsYaml # YAML 1.0, PyYaml port
- JvYaml # YAML 1.0, PyYaml port
- YAML # YAML 1.0, pure Perl module
- YAML::XS # YAML 1.1, libyaml binding
- PlYaml # YAML 1.1, PyYaml port
- YAML::Syck # YAML 1.0, libsyck binding
- YAML::Tiny # A small YAML subset module
- YamlReference # YAML ?? reference parser
- YPaste # Play with the parser
Note: for a given language, the order of implementations should be a true
ranking, implying recommendation of what to use.