I have just uploaded a new build from the experimental EclipseFP 2
stream. This is the new EclipseFP, based on Cohatoe :-) Currently there
are only builds for Linux and Mac (Intel), because Cohatoe is broken on
This build contains already a number of visible changes compared with
the old EclipseFP: the preference pages are streamlined, and instead of
the Module Browser and Navigator the default view on projects is now the
Project Explorer (i.e. a standard Eclipse View which nonetheless can be
configured to show the logical structure of projects, so it gives us
everthing the Module Browser gave us :-). For you convenience, I've
included the changelog (see below).
For Linux and Mac users, this build is also the first which includes the
point-free refactoring and the Mark-Occurrences feature in the editor,
both of which are proof-of-concept for EclipseFP functionality we can
implement in Haskell (they were already in the 1.101 build, but that was
However, this is just the beginning. Mostly I have uploaded this build
because starting from now, some fairly disruptive changes will happen.
Mostly they have to do with the project model and with building (since
EclipseFP 2 will be directly based on Cabal).
Have fun :-)
Thanks && ciao,
Changes from version 1.101 to version 1.102 (M2)
* GHC installation is now configured on a 'Haskell installations'
preference page, replaced and compacted several old preference pages
* replaced the Navigator and Module Browser views by the Project
Explorer in the Haskell perspective
* extended ghci launch shortcut so that we can launch a file from the
* Cabal file validation in Haskell projects
* phased out the configurator wizard
* [ 1885803 ] [Launch] add source folders automatically to ghci path
* extended project model to allow multiple Haskell source paths in
* changes to the plugin map: inlined common.* and cabal.* plugins,
platform-specific code into fragments
* fixed several syntax coloring issues and robustness problems
Changes from version 1.100 to version 1.101 (M1)
This is the initial version to kick off the experimental branch.
*  pointfree refactoring. Select a code portion and then choose
Refactor > Pointfree-style notation from the context menu.
*  mark occurrences. Occurrences of the identifier which is
currently under the cursor position are highlighted in the code.
*  and  introduced "Source" and "Refactor" submenus in
the context menu of the Haskell code editor
*  added category for Haddock export wizard
*  renamed EclipseFP feature to net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell
This means that the feature id has changed. If you have one or more
old versions of EclipseFP installed (i.e. one of the 0.x versions),
you should uninstall them before installing one of the 1.10x.x
*  renamed docs and branding plugins to net.sf.eclipsefp.*
*  and  removed references to JFace plugins in core
This build contained no changes at all, it is just the branching point
from the 1.0 development stream.