Update of /cvsroot/tcl/tcl
In directory usw-pr-cvs1:/tmp/cvs-serv7495
* generic/tclMain.c: Substantial rewrite and expanded documentation
of Tcl_Main to correct a number of bugs and flaws:
* Interactive Tcl_Main can now enter a main loop, exit
that loop and continue interactive operations. The loop
may even exit in the midst of interactive command typing
without loss of the partial command. [Bugs 486453, 474131]
* Tcl_Main now gracefully handles deletion of its master
* Interactive Tcl_Main can now operate with non-blocking stdin
* Interactive Tcl_Main can now detect EOF on stdin even in
mid-command. [Bug 491341]
* Added VFS-aware internal routines for managing the
startup script selection.
* Tcl variable 'tcl_interactive' is now linked to C variable
'tty' so that one can disable/enable interactive prompts
at the script level when there is no startup script. This
is meant for use by the test suite.
* Consistent use of the Tcl libraries standard channels as
returned by Tcl_GetStdChannel(); as opposed to the channels
named 'stdin', 'stdout', and 'stderr' in the master interp,
which can be different or unavailable.
* Tcl_Main now calls Tcl_Exit() if evaluation of [exit] in the
master interpreter returns, assuring Tcl_Main does not return. * Documented Tcl_Main's absence from public stub table
* Documented that Tcl_Main does not return.
* Documented Tcl variables set by Tcl_Main.
* All prompts are done from a single procedure, Prompt.
* Use of Tcl_Obj-enabled interfaces everywhere.
* generic/tclInt.decls (TclGetStartupScriptPath,
TclSetStartupScriptPath): New internal VFS-aware routines for
managing the startup script of Tcl_Main.
* generic/tclStubInit.c: make genstubs
* generic/tclTest.c (TestsetmainloopCmd,TestexitmainloopCmd,
* tests/main.test (new): Added new file to test suite that
thoroughly tests generic/tclMain.c; added some new test commands
for testing Tcl_SetMainLoop().